Avionics - Guidance, Navigation, and Control | Hawthorne, CA, United States
Space Exploration Technologies
Work to advance the course of human history and pave the way to Mars.
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up including cutting edge electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engine systems. The Falcon Launch Vehicle and Dragon Spacecraft programs are some of the most ambitious engineering systems in the world, designed to support our ultimate goals of aviation-like spaceflight capability and making humanity a multi-planet species.
'SpaceX is like Special Forces… we do the missions that others think are impossible. We have goals that are absurdly ambitious, but we're going to make them happen. We have the potential here at SpaceX to have an incredible effect on the future of humanity and life itself.'
– Elon Musk
If you’re undaunted by the impossible, actively seeking out insanely challenging projects under tight schedules, and want to work with a remarkable organization pushing the envelope of human exploration, then you will want to be part of the SpaceX legacy.
We are actively seeking the brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue building our world class team. Please visit spacex.com for additional information.
GNC Mission Design Engineer
Number of Openings:
- Perform trajectory design, optimization, and dispersion analysis for Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy launch vehicle missions
- Implementation of new software or algorithms to support mission unique capabilities
- Selection of flight constants and guidance parameters
- Post flight data review and correlation with analyses for continued improvement of predictions
- Analysis to verify compliance with contractual mission requirements including direct customer interface
- Documentation of analysis and test results with a focus on automation and efficiency of reporting
- Launch and mission operations support
- Testing of flight software
Required Skills and Experience:
- Multiple positions, both entry level and mid-career available
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- College degree in Aerospace Engineering or similar field of study is required
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of orbital mechanics, classical dynamics, modeling and simulation, and the software languages C++ and Python
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated project or professional experience in launch vehicle and/or spacecraft systems
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.