Information Technology - Infrastructure Design and Support | Hawthorne, CA, United States
Space Exploration Technologies
Work to advance the course of human history and pave the way to Mars.
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up including cutting edge electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engine systems. The Falcon Launch Vehicle and Dragon Spacecraft programs are some of the most ambitious engineering systems in the world, designed to support our ultimate goals of aviation-like spaceflight capability and making humanity a multi-planet species.
'SpaceX is like Special Forces… we do the missions that others think are impossible. We have goals that are absurdly ambitious, but we're going to make them happen. We have the potential here at SpaceX to have an incredible effect on the future of humanity and life itself.'
– Elon Musk
If you’re undaunted by the impossible, actively seek out insanely challenging projects under tight schedules, and want to work with a remarkable organization pushing the envelope of human exploration, then you will want to be part of the SpaceX legacy.
We are actively seeking the brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue building our world class team. Please visit spacex.com for additional information.
SQL Database Administrator
- Installs, configures, tunes and administers database management systems, utilities, and tools in MS SQL 2008 and 2012 environments
- Working with software developers to implement software designs and procedures in databases and on servers; configuring SQL Server to work with software implementation, including enabling performance tuning of transactional and reporting queries
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system
- Responsible for routine server maintenance tasks including: cleaning log files, index and table maintenance, and overall performance tuning
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs
- Develops and maintains standards, procedures, and methodologies for effective operation, access, control backup and recovery of all database systems
- Provides all support related issues for production, QA, and development database (24x7)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- In depth SQL Server Database Administration experience; minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting an enterprise environment with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- In depth knowledge of all components of SQL Server 2008 including clustering and database replication
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
- Good skills in scripting of replications and building databases on remote servers as well as database design and architecture
- Experience managing multiple SQL 2008 databases/instances
- Experience with SSIS or another ETL technology
- Experience with SSRS configuration, implementation and tuning
- Familiarity with dimensional modeling techniques and data staging modeling
- Strong SQL query and store procedure (T-SQL) development experience
- Experience troubleshooting MS SQL Server system level issues, such as crashes due to device failures, corruption, lock handling
- Experience with data modeling, de-normalization, physical design, including table partitioning
- Demonstrated ability to install and maintain SQL Server Clusters (failover cluster setups)
- Management of a data warehouse using MS SQL Server 2008 and higher, specifically focusing on OLAP best practices
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service
- Database Security including encrypted databases and secure database connections
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Good interpersonal, technical documentation, and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Work performed in a normal office environment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Physical effort with some handling of light weight equipment
- Typically 50 hour work weeks, schedule varies depending on site operational needs
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.