Avionics - Systems Integration | Hawthorne, CA, United States
Space Exploration Technologies
Work to advance the course of human history and pave the way to Mars.
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up including cutting edge electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engine systems. The Falcon Launch Vehicle and Dragon Spacecraft programs are some of the most ambitious engineering systems in the world, designed to support our ultimate goals of aviation-like spaceflight capability and making humanity a multi-planet species.
'SpaceX is like Special Forces… we do the missions that others think are impossible. We have goals that are absurdly ambitious, but we're going to make them happen. We have the potential here at SpaceX to have an incredible effect on the future of humanity and life itself.'
– Elon Musk
If you’re undaunted by the impossible, actively seek out insanely challenging projects under tight schedules, and want to work with a remarkable organization pushing the envelope of human exploration, then you will want to be part of the SpaceX legacy.
We are actively seeking the brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue building our world class team. Please visit spacex.com for additional information.
Back-End Web Applications Engineer
Successfully completing a mission to space involves many interrelated tools and databases. This includes everything from our high-level system channel allocations to low-level harness definitions to flight software configuration files to ground software alarms definitions. We are looking for excellent software engineers to help revamp our core Avionics design databases.
- You will be responsible for defining and implementing new databases that allow us to better capture the electrical design of our vehicles. You will work with avionics engineers to understand the design information we wish to capture and will synthesize an API definition from it. You will implement this API using a database backend of your choice and will work with frontend engineers to enable fast and scalable applications that build on your API.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, or similar area of study is required
- Experience writing object-oriented code in Python, Ruby, PHP, C++, Java or similar
- Experience designing and supporting large relational or document databases
- Experience supporting client-side API requirements like validation, filtering, pagination, projections, and authentication
- Experience supporting applications in a production environment using Apache, Node.js, or similar
- Experience writing unit tests for APIs
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- More than anything else, we are looking for a candidate who has the ability to learn on the fly and work well with others
- You must be passionate about connecting and collaborating with internal customers to best understand and address their concerns
- You must feel at home using command-line applications in a Linux environment
- Experience writing JSON APIs that are easy to consume, easy to test, and robust against misuse is strongly preferred
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.