Engineering | San Francisco, CA, United States
About the Position:
Operations are the lifeblood of company, our services and servers keep running 24/7 in a distributed environment. Come and be a valued part of our team, build and improve our automation around our operations, and gain new experience and insight on how low latency systems work at scale.
We have a full OSS stack as the backbone of our operations, including Chef and Linux. Tracking our latency, performance, and server availability is critical to our business. Our systems are handling large and ever increasing amounts of traffic, so experience with load balancers and techniques for distributing traffic are a must. Solid networking fundamentals, knowledge of how the Linux operating system provides access to networking resources to applications, as well as CPU/RAM/Disk resources, will be used daily.
What you'll get to do all day:
- Build and improve automated monitoring systems for our platform
- Write Chef scripts to support our deploy processes
- Work with other Engineers to deploy services
- Make Chef deploys to push out configuration changes to Linux servers
- Respond to any events that occur properly and escalate correctly as needed
Why you'll love coming into work every day:
- Chance to make a real and recognised impact across all aspects of Triggit's operations
- Pushing the boundaries with cutting edge technology is encouraged
- Must have 3-7 years of professional work experience
- Experience with managing an always on, 24/7 platform, including on-call duties
- Safety first attitude toward emergency response
- Higher level scripting language knowledge, particularly in Ruby and Shell.
- Chef 10.0+ experience
- We never stop innovating.
- We value YOU. Your health, your family, your time.
- We're a heads down kind of organization. We work hard so we can play hard.
- Wicked smart people work here. We push boundaries and are always driving forward.
- We trust our people and empower them to grow and succeed.
To all recruitment agencies: Triggit does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs account or directly to any Triggit employees. Notwithstanding any action by recruiters, Triggit is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Triggit, we promote a dynamic, kinetic, and diverse workplace for the brightest in the business! In this spirit, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.