Sharepoint | Waltham, MA, United States
Since 1995, Magenic has been developing innovative custom applications for the Microsoft platform to meet the unique business challenges for some of the most recognized companies. As a leading Microsoft National Systems Integrator (NSI), Magenic has been recognized as a Gold Managed Partner and International Partner of Year.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, Magenic has regional offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Boston and Atlanta. Our consultants are experts in Microsoft technologies and we are now expanding that expertise into the Mobile Platform with Android and iPhone opportunities.
Magenic has developed a national reputation for excellence in application development, and we invite you to join our winning team.
Magenic's highly-skilled consultants are the key to our successful. You don’t have to sacrifice work/life balance to be part of our team. We’ve created a unique consulting environment that promises technical challenges, professional growth, extensive training, competitive salaries and benefits, plus the opportunity to work with some of the best developers, designers, architects, systems and integrators around. And this is all done at the local level, so you get to sleep in your own bed at night!
- Development experience with MOSS 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010
- Experience across multiple pieces of the SharePoint “pie” required
- Experience building SharePoint intranets and extranets - along with the publishing features of each - required
- Solid intermediate SharePoint administration experience is a must
- SharePoint solution design experience required
- Experience with mentoring site collection administrators and end users is a plus
- Experience with WSS 3.0 or SharePoint Foundation 2010 a plus.
- Experience with custom development including .NET (with C# or VB), ASP.NET, and SQL Server
- Outstanding analysis, documentation, and client-facing skills
- A strong curiosity about our clients business needs coupled with a passion to stay on the cutting edge
- Consulting skills reflecting team building, flexibility, and customer service
- 5+ year’s development experience on full-life cycle projects personal library
- Ability to demonstrate skills in analysis, design, implementation, and development process. Foundation 2010 a plus
- Flexibility to commute to clients sites within the region (typically within 1 hour’s drive).
SharePoint Architects will be responsible for designing and leading the development of enterprise-level custom SharePoint solutions. You should love tech, but be able to talk with the less-than-technical. Helps if you like whiteboarding in front of clients.
- Utilize standards in the delivery of plans, designs, program modification, testing and installation of project work.
- Recommend design/system alternatives or approaches to client and systems requirements.
- Effectively utilizes technical/application skills working with multiple software packages and/or multiple modules within a package.
- Follows established methodology to meet project deliverables for assigned tasks. Provide required documentation for these tasks including design documentation, technical specifications, user procedures, and test plans.
- Recognize possible solutions to business and technical problems and selects the most appropriate solutions. Challenge current business practices and propose solutions to ensure the best alternative is selected for the client.
- Works with other consultants and client staff to perform assigned tasks within prescribed deadlines in order to complete client’s project successfully.
- Take initiative to learn the industry and more specifically the client’s business when completing project tasks.
- Seeks out and participates in learning activities to enhance knowledge of technologies, software packages and the industry.
- You must have a passion for Microsoft tools, a commitment to excellence and learning, and want to be part of a team growing a technology company that builds great software.