Level: Intermediate/Senior Level (3+ yrs managing complex technical projects)
Main Skills: Technology Consulting (Pre & Post Sales with exp in Web Technologies), Client Implementations, Technical Issue Coordination and an eye for UI/UX
A Rare Opportunity...
Are you ready for the most exciting and challenging opportunity of your career? Then it’s time to join Wishabi!
We are looking for the best to join our team. Do you have a passion for being the bridge between the technical and business units? Do you like solving problems and enjoy being part of a dynamic engineering team?
As a Technical Project Manager, you’ll be serving as a technical advisor to all our partners, leading the onboarding process for new implementations and working with our team to resolve any technical issues that come up. We are looking for someone to project manage and support our leading edge application! You’ll work with our entire team to disrupt the $18 billion print flyer market and help retailers connect with their customers through our cutting edge platform.
We maintain a casual work environment, but the pace and performance of what we do is anything but – we work hard to deliver the ultimate experience for our customers. If you want to take on these challenges and work on a diverse team with Canada’s best and brightest, then it’s time to join Wishabi.
Why Join Wishabi?
Wishabi is a well-funded, venture-backed tech company. We build innovative technologies to help retailers move away from the 9 billion paper flyers that are thrown on doorsteps each week. Our platform provides the most advanced user experience, targeted distribution and consumer intelligence for online flyers. Major retailers like Target, Walmart, Macy’s, Sears and Home Depot currently use Wishabi’s technology.
Wishabi is also partnered with some of the largest media entities in the world, such as MSN, AOL, The Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune and LA Times giving us the ability to reach hundreds of millions of consumers monthly.
If you love complex challenges and working in a high energy, fast-paced, fun environment with a passionate team, then Wishabi is the place to be. We’re a dedicated and outgoing group that’s more like a family. We love what we do and we have fun doing it!
Who We’re Looking For
A passionate technical project manager who can work closely with our internal teams, and our partners technical/business teams to implement and maintain the next generation of the digital shopping experience.
All our team members are great communicators and it feels like a tight-knit family when you come to work. We are looking for someone who’s great at building relationships with different teams in a highly dynamic environment, as well as a commitment to serving the needs of our customers.
We are a strong technology company and we value input from our different teams. We are looking for someone who’s interested in making a big impact on improving the functionality and usability of our products.
You’ll be responsible for gaining a thorough understanding of our Partners technology environment, advising them on the most optimized means of integration, and offering subject matter expertise on our products and configurations to drive highly effective transformations.
Your Accountability & Duties
Technical Account Management - 40%
- Working directly with our partners, in both the pre and post sales cycles, you will work with them to gather technical requirements, guide implementation and adoption of our products, and coordinate efforts to resolve any technical challenges that may arise
- Help solve software problems and fixes in a timely manner
- Learning new technology. We are doing things that haven’t been done in the market, sometimes that means learning new ways to solve interesting problems - being efficient, scalable and creative are high on our list
- Ability to manage multiple cases at once and keep your team updated on what’s going on
Technology Consulting - 20%
- Become a thought leader in the digital flyer space, use your expertise to influence key decisions and evangelizing new product features
- Lead partner engagements from a technical perspective and work with multiple external stakeholders (Ex. Marketing teams, IT Managers, CTO, CMO’s, etc)
- Act as a key decision maker in product development and provide valuable insight on how we shape our platform moving forward, based on the information you collect in the field - we have millions of users, so your impact on user experience and driving innovation in the retail technology space will be quite large
- You will also act as a technical negotiator, influencing their desires for the mutual benefit of the partnership based on your advanced knowledge of the market and the technology
- Actively participate in the engineering and design process to help with implementation of new features with usability and performance in mind
- Build and maintain strong technical knowledge of Wishabi’s products to facilitate sales efforts
Project Management/On-boarding - 40%
- Working with our business development, software development and operations teams to manage the client on-boarding process and ensure client projects are completed in priority, on time and to our Partners satisfaction
- Support efforts to do proof of concepts (POC’s) with our partners and develop reference architectures and documentation in support of sales opportunities
- Working within an Agile environment, we pride ourselves on quickly innovating and improving our software, so we can serve our retail clients better
- We move quickly, so if you’re keen, we will introduce you to new projects and areas
What You Bring to the Team
We only work with the best and brightest. You’ll be joining a multi-disciplinary team, working closely with software engineers, salespeople, marketers and operational experts. We’re looking for people possessing the following traits and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Ex. Computer Science or equivalent) - Or minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in a technical role (Ex. Pre-Sales Engineer, Post Sales Engineer, Technical Account Manager, Technical Project Manager, Business Systems Analyst, etc.)
- Strong background in Web Technologies and a strong design sense, with a an eye for UX/UI and creating ideal consumer experiences
- Experience presenting technical solutions to external parties
- Exposure with the following technologies would be beneficial: HTML, CSS, Ruby on Rails
- Nice to have - Previous experience working for a software company
- Able to learn quickly and easily adapt to a wide variety of technical challenges
- Excellent communication skills - you have a way with words & can connect easily with others
- You take a leadership role on tasks assigned to you and work really well as part of a team
- Highly organized time management skills - you’re able to juggle multiple priorities at once
- A passion for constant improvement - always looking to do things better (both personally, as part of a team and for the company)
- A problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent relationship management skills
- You’re a self-starter, highly effective working independently and within a team
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to work in a fun, open and friendly environment with energetic and passionate people who love what they do.
Awesome Total Rewards
Wishabi has a fun, friendly and open culture that promotes excellence. We love working with great people to build an amazing business. If you have a work hard, play hard personality, you will love working at our company. Some of the benefits of working at Wishabi include:
- Stock Options
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Plans
- Goodlife Gym Membership
- Company Lunches on Friday
- Flexible Hours and Work Environment
- Laptop and Cell Phone Provided
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Lots of Team Events and Socials
How to Apply
If you’re interested in joining the Wishabi team, please apply on our careers page, sending us a cover letter along with your resume telling us why you think you’re perfect for our team. If you’ve contributed to an open source project, written a blog, or do anything else interesting we’d love to hear about it when you contact us.