Engineered to think.
Anki is dedicated to creating products that bring sophisticated robotics and artificial intelligence to the masses. Our founders met in the PhD program at the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University. With robotics so heavily focused on government and industrial applications, they wanted to use their backgrounds to create new kinds of consumer experiences. At Anki, we are using robotics and artificial intelligence to reinvent categories of products through an unprecedented level of intelligence and interaction in the physical world.
Apple CEO Tim Cook introduced Anki and our first product, Anki Drive, in his keynote address at the WWDC Conference this past June (watch). We are backed by top-tier investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures and Two Sigma. We are growing rapidly and are excited to continue hiring top talent to join us in the creation of the most innovative consumer robotics products in the world today.
To learn more about Anki, visit our website, find us on Facebook and YouTube.
Anki's products combine a powerful blend of diverse technologies, beautiful design, and meticulous attention to every aspect of the customer experience. We’re looking to grow our team to help us develop the next generation of consumer robotics and entertainment.
Anki is seeking a UI-focused Software Engineer familiar with iOS to help us bring the next generation of robotics to the consumer market. You will be part of a small, highly experienced team focused on the consumer facing components of what will be one of the most sophisticated uses of artificial intelligence and robotics in a consumer product. With a strong core team and top investors backing the company, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about bringing innovative consumer products to market and building a great company.
iOS / UI experience
- UIKit / Cocoa Touch
- CoreAnimation / CALayer
- Asynchronous / Event-driven design
- Responsive / Performant UI techniques
- Interface Builder / StoryboardModel View Controller Paradigm
- Exceptional software engineering and programming background, with experience developing in teams and keeping on schedule
- Comfortable with agile methods and fast turnaround
- Comfortable working directly with Human Interface designers
- Strong C and Objective-C development skills
- Experience with C++ is a plus
- Experience with OpenGL ES is a plus
- 2-5 years experience in development of shipping software
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- Competitive salaries, stock options and great benefits (health, subsidized public transportation costs, generous vacation.
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit - on wheels, on rails and on water.
- Early stage start-up where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact.
- Free catered lunches, snacks and drinks.
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!