Engineered to think.
Anki is dedicated to creating products that bring sophisticated robotics and artificial intelligence to the masses. Our founders met in the PhD program at the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University. With robotics so heavily focused on government and industrial applications, they wanted to use their backgrounds to create new kinds of consumer experiences. At Anki, we are using robotics and artificial intelligence to reinvent categories of products through an unprecedented level of intelligence and interaction in the physical world.
Apple CEO Tim Cook introduced Anki and our first product, Anki Drive, in his keynote address at the WWDC Conference this past June (watch). We are backed by top-tier investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures and Two Sigma. We are growing rapidly and are excited to continue hiring top talent to join us in the creation of the most innovative consumer robotics products in the world today.
To learn more about Anki, visit our website, find us on Facebook and YouTube.
Anki's products combine a powerful blend of diverse technologies, beautiful design, and meticulous attention to every aspect of the customer experience. We’re looking to grow our team to help us develop the next generation of consumer robotics and entertainment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented, creative, and experienced junior designer to help guide the vision and direction of one of our titles. As a junior designer, you will have the opportunity help shape designs that utilizes robotics and artificial intelligence to bring the magic of gaming into the real world.
The ideal candidate must have a deep understanding of the design process and be capable of acting as an enthusiastic, persuasive voice within the team. In a talented team of creative people, the junior designer will work closely with their lead to help bring the team’s product vision to reality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Play! Know the game inside out and ensure the very highest quality standards are being met.
- Design! Take ownership of important subsystems and lead their design to meet the goals set forth by leads and directors.
- Balance, balance, balance! Work closely with testing to ensure all systems are well balanced and fair.
- Advocate! Ensure all members of the development team fully understand the what, where and especially the why of the game design.
- Communicate! Maintain centralized documentation to make sure it accurately reflects the vision you helped create.
- Test! Encourage the play testing of the game within the company to ensure it is high quality, playable and fun.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for gaming, with excellent design insights across multiple genres.
- Professional design experience or a strong portfolio of personal work.
- Ability to work closely with all core development functions, as well as supporting functions
- A history of experimental gameplay design.
- Credited design experience on shipped, commercial titles.
- Understanding of programming/ scripting, or strong aptitude and desire to learn.
- Proficiency with design and software prototyping tools like OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Visio, or similar wire-framing tools and Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Proficiency with SQL and experience with metrics-based design
- Competitive salaries, stock options and great benefits (health, subsidized public transportation costs, generous vacation)
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails and on water
- Early stage start-up where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!