Engineered to think.
In a world… where science fiction is constantly making promises that actual science can’t deliver. Where phone booths don’t teleport themselves, and zero calorie beer has yet to exist. One company had the courage to stand up and say, “Hey! Science! Where’s my jetpack?”
Hi. We're Anki.
When our Co-Founders Boris, Mark and Hanns met in the Ph.D program at Carnegie Mellon’s Robotics Institute, they didn’t dream about artificial intelligence that sends you speeding tickets in the mail, or shrink wraps shrink-wrap. They were united by a shared habit of saying “Hey, wouldn’t it be cool if...?” then actually making that cool thing happen.
Now, we know what you’re thinking: we’re just another all black-wearing, white cat-stroking bunch of weirdos designing laser-powered panini machines in an underground lair somewhere. Nope. Anki is made up of non-crazy people building crazy-cool AI and robotics that are reinventing physical entertainment.
Sound crazy? Maybe. But crazy-in-a-good-way. Maybe that’s why Apple CEO Tim Cook introduced our first product, Anki Drive, in his keynote at WWDC this past June. And why top-tier VC’s including Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and Two Sigma trust us with their money.
Anki is taking years of fancy research and incomprehensible 1’s and 0’s and turning them into exciting things that people actually want. Things they want real bad. Things they didn’t even think could exist.
Imagine impossible interactive experiences. Imagine video games in real life. Imagine jetpacks.
And we’re just getting started.
Excited? Us too. Visit the Anki website and find us on Facebook and YouTube to find out more about Anki - the future of consumer robotics and entertainment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and create scalable python services that make up the backend for Anki’s products and analytics platform. Services will be running on AWS.
- Define and create APIs used by Anki products and the Anki team.
- Define and create services that power a novel worldwide analytics platform.
- Work with mobile and game development teams, hardware teams, marketing, and our executive team to lead the creation of new products and services.
- Have a passion for working on hard problems that span mobile devices, hardware, and data at large scale.
- Minumum of 4 yrs professional experience writing software in python.
- Strong programming skills including software engineering methodologies and tools.
- Experience creating highly available and scalable services.
- Experience developing REST based APIs.
- Experience with cloud environments. AWS a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, experience working across teams.
- Experience with creating backend services that interact with mobile devices and data analytics a plus.
- Experience creating services that interact with game platforms a plus.
- Competitive salaries, stock options and great benefits (health, subsidized public transportation costs, generous vacation, relocation).
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit - on wheels, on rails, and on water.
- Early stage start-up where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact.
- Free catered lunches, snacks and drinks.
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!