Customer Service | San Francisco, CA, United States
Global Director of Customer Care
SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers and offered by top retailers including Amazon, Costco, Staples and Tesco. We have more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews. SquareTrade is profitable, growing 90% year on year, and attracted one of the largest private capital raises in 2012, with a $238 million round led by Bain Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco and London, SquareTrade is privately held. Learn more at www.squaretrade.com.
SquareTrade, the most Customer Obsessed company of it’s kind, is seeking a strategic leader for our award winning customer service team. The Customer Care Director is responsible for delivering a world-class customer experience to SquareTrade’s customers worldwide and championing the needs of customers throughout the company as a vocal and effective customer advocate. The director is responsible for leading customer service, scaling the organization, process improvement, driving CS agent engagement, and leading the tactical management of departmental staff. The incumbent ensures the achievement of all performance goals, adherence to regulatory requirements, coordination of call center activities and implementation of operational processes.
The leader is responsible for ensuring SquareTrade’s contact centers effectively scale to meet the needs of SquareTrade’s rapidly growing brands; the leader is responsible for all aspects of new initiative launches to ensure adequate capacity to handle customer service activity. The leader must be a visible/vocal role model for SquareTrade’s customer obsessed culture. The leader will be an expert at championing customer needs, and will use data to drive decisions on behalf of customers.
The leader must be a highly collaborative and engaging person. Successful communication and management with remote locations is essential and a key to the leader’s success.
The leader must demonstrate flexibility in work hours based on business need.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of relevant experience in project management/senior leadership
- 10+ years of leadership experience in customer service
- Experience leading teams to deliver cross functional projects
- Demonstrated Analytical Skills
- Business Acumen
- Familiarity with Customer Service Technologies
The ideal candidate will have:
- A sincere passion and obsession for customers and demonstrated results in delivering exceptional quality to customers, while maintaining a lean, highly productive team.
- Must have strong analytical skills and proven ability to conduct root cause analysis as well as a demonstrated ability to lead activities across the organization to accomplish shared goals.
- 10+ years of senior-level management experience in a fast paced, customer-obsessed, technical environment along with lean, continuous improvement knowledge and demonstrated results.
- Ability to create a performance and metrics focused culture
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong technical and analytical aptitude are required.
- A track record of scaling large, scale customer service operations including hiring and developing talent.
- Strong business judgment and proven analytical skills
- Exceptional people leadership and development skills
- A track record of conceiving and delivering innovative solutions to support customers and business operations.
- Vision to see what is necessary to scale our business
SquareTrade is located downtown San Francisco in the SOMA district. We offer competitive salaries, stock options, and an opportunity to join a fast-paced Pre-IPO company.