Operations | San Francisco, CA, United States
Appliance Repair Technician
SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers and offered by top retailers including Amazon, Costco, Staples and Tesco. We have more than 200,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews. SquareTrade is profitable, growing 90% year on year, and attracted one of the largest private capital raises in 2012, with a $238 million round led by Bain Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco and London, SquareTrade is privately held. Learn more at www.squaretrade.com.
We’re looking for a smart and dedicated Appliance Tech who is passionate about driving and empowering our award-winning customer service. Our customer service team is growing internationally and delivers the ground-breaking, best of breed service that differentiates SquareTrade and our warranties. They are the number one reason our customers love us. You will deliver best in class tools using custom applications.
Top candidates will have experience with all major household appliances (stove/range, washer, dryers, refrigeration, dishwashers). Hands on experience working on a variety of brands (Electrolux, Frigidaire, GE, LG, Kitchen Aid, Maytag, Whirlpool, etc).
- We are looking for a full-time or part-time tech with hands-on experience repairing and diagnosing a wide variety of appliances.
- Experience supervising tech is preferred.
- Develop in-house knowledge and train a core group of reps to expertly handle appliance claims including part ordering.
- Manufacturer Certification
- 2 years experience as an appliance field technician and related trade school graduate (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing etc.), or 3+ years experience as an appliance field technician.
- Competence with online, illustrated parts look-up.
- Maintain knowledge of product warranty information and recalls
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience performing in-field machinery diagnostics and repairs.
- Multi-lingual and individuals with certifications highly desirable.
SquareTrade is located downtown San Francisco in the SOMA district. We offer competitive salaries, stock options, and an opportunity to join a fast-paced Pre-IPO company. We also have tons of company sponsored perks including catered means every week, events like laser tag, bowling, and kickball, and all the coffee and snacks you can consume.