Principal User Interface Software Engineer
Engineering/IT | Redwood Shores, CA, United States
We are seeking a Prinicipal User Interface Software Engineer to design and develop high-performance software for solving complex problems. As a key Engineer you will be responsible for user interface, design and implementation focusing on next generation enterprise social, talent management, learning management solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Desire to work collaboratively in small, cross-functional teams
• Interest in modern development techniques, such as TDD, Scrum, pair programming, etc
• Passion for code quality that inspires writing and maintaining unit tests
• Curiosity and motivation to pick up new technologies and programming techniques
• Hands-on designing features and writing code
• Experience in following functional areas a plus: eLearning, Enterprise Social, Performance and Talent Management, etc.
• 10+ years of technical software development experience in developing cutting edge modern web based user interfaces.
• Strong experience in Ext JS is a plus.
• Experience in building web user interfaces compliant with 508 is a plus and desirable.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical skills and methodical problem solving skills
• Ability to rapidly absorb and implement new technologies and procedures
• High degree of attention to detail, personal initiative, and commitment to quality
• Object Oriented Analysis and Design tools and methodologies
• Develop solutions across all layers, from the user interface through the application layer, service layer, and data layer to the database
• Design interoperable components for both internal and external facing products
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Saba (NASDAQ:SABA) is the premier provider of people systems that enable today’s people-driven enterprises. Saba provides a unified set of People Cloud Applications including enterprise learning suite, talent management suite, and social collaboration solutions delivered through the Saba People Cloud. Saba's premier customer base includes major global organizations and industry leaders in financial services, life sciences and healthcare, high tech, automotive, manufacturing, retail, energy and utilities, packaged goods, and public sector organizations including 51 percent of the Fortune 100. Over 21 Million users use Saba solutions. Saba’s solutions are underpinned by global services capabilities and partnerships encompassing strategic consulting, comprehensive implementation services, and ongoing worldwide support.
Saba is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer all employees competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401K, generous vacation/time off and much more.
Saba does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Saba will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.