Learn It Systems is looking for an innovative leader in special education ready to take on the challenge of launching and managing exceptional programs for students with special needs. Learn It is a national education leader that partners with school districts who want to reform and reinvent their special education programs to provide more effective services to their students. It is the role of the Program Director to work hand-in-hand with the leadership in Learn It’s partner school districts to formulate strategies, execute plans, and deliver results.
This leadership position reports to Learn Its National Director of Special Education, and will be a key leader in the Learn It’s Specialized Services division. They will manage a team of more than 100 staff across multiple disciplines serving almost 1,000 special education students. They will be charged with implementing change, motivating staff, and improving processes. This is a unique opportunity to create and lead an innovative, forward-thinking special education program.
- Set strategic direction for the operations, management and delivery of services in multiple school districts throughout the region which consists of Akron, Canton, Cleveland, and Cincinnati.
- Selects, develops and leads a team of managers and other site based personnel to achieve success in the region
- Ensure management staff and leads are providing training, documentation, and policy and procedure communications effectively to their employees
- Audit programs and provide feedback to field staff and instructional staff to improve education quality
- P&L oversight with direction from National Director
- Build engaging and enduring relationships with customers at all levels to continually grow operations and develop new opportunities; all with a keen customer service approach
- Drives excellence to ensure overall financial results and educational quality of all programs
- Ensure all contract requirements with the school district and customer are met and maintained
- Oversee Program Managers and related staff to ensure payroll accuracy and corrections of any/all discrepancies and ensure that all staff is paid correctly
- Work directly with HR with on boarding/clearance of new hires and employee issues/concerns
- Special Education Experience and minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior level management role
- Master’s Degree Required, Doctorate preferred,
- Charter school experience a plus
- District level leadership with supervision responsibilities highly desired.
- Progressive growth record that demonstrates your ability to manage multi-site operations effectively and profitably
- Top notch leadership skills to drive talent to manage operations efficiently and deliver results
- Proven ability to work with all levels of school district personnel, parents, students and staff with a commitment to providing superior customer service
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a capacity to work in a fast paced, always changing environment is essential
- Computer literacy is a must
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Must be able to engage a diverse group of clients, community partners, and co-workers; must be dependable and trustworthy.
- Must have excellent time-management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at once and must maintain filing system as required by the company, and meet all company deadlines
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- Work location is often in a school building where employee will need to be able to go up and down stairs
- Frequent standing and sitting
- Hand dexterity for typing and entering data into a computer
- Willingness to travel throughout region