Senior Business Analyst, Corporate Applications
As a Senior Business Analyst you will work on projects that span RMS’ business units. You will work individually and as part of a dynamic team on projects that include the second phase of our ERP implementation, defining the integration points, and other related projects.
Objective of the Senior Business Analyst:
Reporting into the Director of IT Applications , the ideal candidate will utilize their strong functional business expertise and technical competencies to identify, evaluate and develop systems and procedures that meet business user requirements. To accomplish this, you will partner closely with Accounting, Sales Operations, and other business teams to understand needs and provide automated solutions.
Key Accountabilities and Deliverables:
- Collaborate with business users to identify and document business processes and requirements for the development and implementation of internal systems.
- Ensure processes are scalable and flexible to meet future business needs and represent the best overall fit for the organization.
- Design processes that can be implemented with minimal disruption to supporting systems and that are cost effective.
- Anticipate the needs of stakeholders affected by process change.
- Create business and reporting requirements (BRDs) and functional design specifications (FS) for conversions, interfaces and reports.
- Work with our Corporate Applications’ integration team or implementation partners to develop and define requirements to support processes and system changes.
- Work closely with users to define and document use cases, scenarios and test scripts.
- Co-lead design sessions to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Coordinate with the Corporate Applications’ teams to resolve issues during the during the design and development process to ensure high quality results.
- Prepare and execute testing plans to ensure solution/design meet business requirements.
- Create/deliver presentations on requirements and solution to internal partners and external customers for review and input.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong analytical and reporting capabilities, problem solving, negotiation, task and project coordination and organization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; including documenting business process, use cases and business requirements documentation, functional specifications and test scripts/results.
- Ability to apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- Excellent business liaison skills. Ability to digest system complexity and articulate to business users in a concise and simple language.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Must be able work effectively with staff to Vice President level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- Knowledge of technical vendor landscape, business processes and IT operational structure.
- Flexibility and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines imposed by rapid business growth, including the ability to multi-task and juggle many competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team to support deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate, define and prioritize projects and tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, some unstructured and non-routine requiring creative solutions.
- Expert use Project Management tools (e.g MS Project), Visio, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Familiarity with SQL, .NET, Oracle platform technologies.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance.
QUALIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of 5+ years experience supporting projects which includes deployments of Oracle Financials.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in project management methods and techniques and system development life cycles
- Functional experience and knowledge with Oracle EBS 11i and/or R12 applications, specifically the financial modules are required.
· Functional experience and knowledge with CRM applications, specifically Salesforce is required.
- Apply the systems development and project management life-cycle processes involved with implementing IT solutions.
- Ability to manage small, less complex projects with minimum supervision.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools and automated scheduling software
- Must have excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Certificate or training in Project Management a plus