Engineering | Chicago, IL, United States
Who We Are:
Vivid Seats is the fastest-growing online marketplace for sports and concert tickets. We were recently listed as one of the city's fastest growing internet companies by Crain's Chicago Business and named one of the city's top digital employers by BuiltInChicago.org! We offer the perks, culture, and opportunity of an entrepreneurial start-up, supported by the scale, stability, and resources of over a decade of profitable growth. Our mission is to help fans attend all their favorite live events with the highest satisfaction and savings in the industry.
Our passionate team is made up of dynamic and innovative team players who work hard and truly love what they do. Conceive, design, and build the next generation of e-commerce applications in a fast-paced, tech-focused environment backed by a strong entrepreneurial culture.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of web development experience using a major platform (Java/Groovy, .Net, Rails, Python, PHP, Scala, Clojure). We use mostly Java, but we’re flexible if you are.
- Proven ability to ship good code quickly
- Solid understanding of SQL (we use MySQL, but to each their own)
- Passion for teaching and learning from others
- Dedicated to continuous improvement of yourself, team, process, and our customer experience
Experience we’ll provide if you don’t have it already:
- Hands-on with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience working in an agile methodology
- Sixth sense for optimizing architecture, code, and queries for maintainability, scalability and performance
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, substantial individual and team-based bonus opportunities, aggressive promotion timelines, and a variety of workplace perks. Specifically, staff has access to discounted event tickets, frequent in-office catered meals, monthly happy hours, team outings, discounted gym memberships, subsidized healthy meal and snack programs, and summer sports leagues. Standard benefits are also offered such as medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, and transit plan discounts.
Vivid Seats is an equal opportunity employer. Vivid Seats prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.