Are you ready to work on world changing technologies?
The technology industry is at the cusp of a once in a generation transition; one that will fundamentally change the way businesses operate and innovate in our increasingly mobile, cloud-based and connected world.
At Pivotal we see and create what’s possible.
Drawing on our heritage in Big Data, open source, and application development, Pivotal is building a new class of applications - leveraging big and fast data - and doing all of this with the power and flexibility of cloud independence.
If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Pivotal.
A new company with backing from EMC, VMware and GE, Pivotal unites strategic technologies, people, and programs to meet the demands of this next technology wave. We offer competitive benefits and compensation (including equity in a high growth market), and many extras that create a rewarding work experience.
As an Architect, you will be responsible for implementing a wide range of products, technologies, and solutions for our clients. These range from Application Architecture and Development to Cloud-based Deployment and Big/Fast Data Systems Implementations. We are looking for rock-star level candidates that posses a combination of broad knowledge of the types of technologies provided by Pivotal and the ability to go deep/hands-on to implement them for our clients.
Architect takes the lead in creation of reference architectures, application and system architecture and design, solution architecture, application design and implementation. This role will often engage independently with the client as well as lead teams of other Pivotal consultants and customer resources on large-scale projects. You are expected to be a self-starter to quickly ramp up on Pivotal’s and other technologies relevant to the customer requirements.
- Create reference architectures that span modern applications, big/fast data solutions, and cloud-independent PaaS solutions.
- Designs the solution and supports the installation, customization, and integration of the solution. Prepares technical design and implementation design documents and works with the project management to ensure all project requirements are met. Advises on tactical performance and tuning of the Pivotal technologies
- Assists in sales process by scoping engagements
- Develops prototypes to support the sales process
- Troubleshoots application problems
- Provides project team leadership
- Develops and documents strategies, policies and best practices for the customer.
- Experience engaging with executive stakeholders on strategic, enterprise projects
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Proven consultative and client relationships skills and experience
- Extensive experience with multiple operating systems, Linux/Unix in particular
- Extensive knowledge of BI/DW solutions and execution experience implementing data warehouses
- Extensive experience with in-memory solutions such as GemFire and Coherence
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop
- Extensive experience developing enterprise applications using Java and Spring
- Experience working in Professional Services / Consulting on high impact, data oriented projects with smaller, independent project teams
- Experience optimizing/tuning DB Performance with a variety of RDBMS
- Experience in designing and deploying enterprise data warehouse solutions; familiarity with data modeling approaches such as ERD and concepts behind relational, normalized and star schema database architectures.
- ETL/ELT experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, Datastage, etc. Familiarity with scripting languages: shell, Perl/Python/C
- Behavioral competencies:
- Positive, winning attitude
- Passion for continual learning
- Excellent track record of customer responsiveness
- Presents themselves well in customer settings
- Operates with a sense of urgency
- Upholds honesty and integrity
- Deep technical knowledge of Greenplum and related technologies such as Postgres or experience with other MPP platforms
- Experience with BI Reporting and Analytical Tools such as Cognos, Tableau, Business Objects, SAS etc.
- VMware or Virtualization technology experience
- Structured design, coding, and testing experience
- BS in a technical discipline (or a BA followed by at least 10 years of technical experience)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Consulting
'We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.'