Principal Software Engineer- Machine Learning/Data Mining
Engineering | San Mateo, CA
MADlib is an open-source library for scalable in-database analytics. It provides data-parallel implementations of mathematical, statistical and machine learning methods for structured and unstructured data. We aim to foster widespread development of scalable analytic skills, by harnessing efforts from commercial practice, academic research, and open-source development.
We are looking for exceptional developers with a background in machine learning, statistics and data mining. People like you, who are passionate about developing quality scalable software and make a real impact on the diverse and rapidly expanding 'big data' market.
You will interact with customers, our own team data scientists, and the rest of the development organization.
You will be responsible for helping to design and develop machine learning algorithms that will be deployed against large clusters of hardware at extreme scales of data to solve a variety of real world problems.
You will use initiative and independent judgment to drive the requirements direction of the product.
* Masters/PhD in Computer Science.
* Strong background in machine learning /data mining/kdd.
* 8+ years of software development experience.
* Excellent programming skills in C/C++, Python.
* Experience working with databases.
* Proven industry track record.
* Strong communication skills and ability to lead, motivate and direct a team.
* Mentoring/Coaching skills
* Presentation skills
* Experience working with distributed systems.
* Experience with Mahout / Hadoop.
* Experience with SAS, R or other statistical packages.
* Experience with database internals, Postgres or other mpp systems.
At Pivotal, our mission is to enable customers to build a new class of applications, leveraging big and fast data, and doing all of this with the power of cloud-independence. Uniting technology, people and programs from EMC and VMware, the following leading products and services are now part of Pivotal: Greenplum, Cloud Foundry, Spring, GemFire and other products from the VMware vFabric Suite, Cetas and Pivotal Labs.
« Back to Openings