Big Data Architect -Hadoop/Greenplum
Computers/Software | Multiple Locations
At Pivotal, our mission is to enable customers to build a new class of applications, leveraging big and fast data, and do all of this with the power of cloud-independence. Uniting technology, people and programs from EMC and VMware, the following leading products and services are now part of Pivotal: Greenplum, Cloud Foundry, Spring, GemFire/SQLFire and other products from the VMware vFabric Suite, Cetas and Pivotal Labs.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for implementeing a wide range of products, technologies, and solutions for our clients. These range from Application Development to Cloud-based Deployment and Big/Fast Data Systems Implementations. We are looking for rock-start level candidates that posses a combination of broad knowledge of the types of technologies provided by Pivotal and the ability to go deep/hands-on to implement them for our clients.
Senior Consultnat takes the lead in process design/redesign, solution design, application design and planning, system upgrades and migrations, acceptance testing, performance and scale testing and development. This role may engage independently with the client to provide technical advice and oversight or may participate on the project team as a senior technical lead.
- Designs the solution and supports the installation, customization, and integration of the solution. Prepares technical design and implementation design documents and works with the project management to ensure all project requirements are met. Advises on tactical performance and tuning of the Pivotal technologies
- Assists in sales process
- Troubleshoots application problems
- Provides project team leadership
- Develops and documents strategies, policies and best practices for the customer.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Proven consultative and client relationships skills and experience
- Extensive experience with multiple operating systems, Linux/Unix in particular
- Extensive knowledge of BI/DW solutions and execution experience implementing data warehouses
- Extensive experience developing enterprise applications using Java and Spring
- Experience working in Professional Services / Consulting on high impact, data oriented projects with smaller, independent project teams
- Experience optimizing/tuning DB Performance with a variety of RDBMS
- Experience in designing and deploying enterprise datawarehouse solutions; familiarity with data modeling approaches such as ERD and concepts behind relational, normalized and star schema database architectures.
- ETL/ELT experience with ETL tools such as Informatica, Datastage, etc. Familiarity with scripting languages: shell, Perl/Python/C
- Behavioral competencies:
- Positive, winning attitude
- Passion for continual learning
- Excellent track record of customer responsiveness
- Presents themselves well in customer settings
- Operates with a sense of urgency
- Upholds honesty and integrity
- Deep technical knowledge of Greenplum and related technologies such as Postgres or experience with other MPP platforms
- Experience with BI Reporting and Analytical Tools such as Cognos, Tableau, Business Objects, SAS etc.
- VMware or Virtualization technology experience
- Structured design, coding, and testing experience
- BS in a technical discipline (or a BA followed by at least 10 years of technical experience)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Consulting
- Willingness to travel, at times up to 5 days per week (although all engagements are not out of town)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
« Back to Openings