The Pivotal Data Computing Appliance and Platform Software team is responsible for developing the software that deploys, manages, monitors and maintains both the appliance and software stacks that run on the platform, including the Greenplum Database, Hadoop and VMware ESX.
Pivotal is looking for a strong technical leader for this team. This person will be working on future projects such as: Network Fault Tolerance (using commodity hardware), Software RAID, 1000+ Node Installation and Cluster Management, Commodity Hardware Support, Intelligent Hardware Monitoring Framework, Custom Linux Shell, and Linux Server Provisioning.
This job is limited only by the potential of the individual.
Come and join an organization where you'll get to work as part of a world-class team, solve problems that are at a scale few can create, and get to build products that are only bound by the scope of your imagination. We are a high-performance team looking for others who will challenge us to become even better.
• Demonstrates hands on platform architecture Management software; working with other members of the team on the platform architecture.
• Assists in the design of new systems or the redesign of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology by collaborating with engineers; coordinating with cross-functional teams; and researching the latest developments in technology applicable to the enterprise.
• Implements product development strategies using Agile development processes by using interactive and incremental development processes; collaborating between self-organizing, cross-functional teams for requirements and solutions; and promoting adaptive planning, evolutionary development and delivery for rapid and flexible response to change.
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Experience working with hardware vendors to drive the requirements
- Experience with multiple flavors of Linux and kernel development
- Experience with developing and delivering in an agile framework
- C, C++, Python optional
- TCP/IP, Socket Programming, L2/L3 Packet Forwarding and Routing
- SNMP, IPMI, BMC Management and Customization
- Knowledge of Software Performance Optimization and Virtualization
- BS degree with a minimum of 10 years experience in technology-oriented software development
- Experience delivering enterprise base hardware platform and software products
- Excellent problem-solving, organization and communication skills
- Experience coordinating across multiple teams and organizational components
- Proven Linux Clustering Architecture & Systems Design including system platform hardware, high-speed Interconnect, distributed systems and design high availability solutions
- Parallel High-Speed File Systems and Big Data experience (Hadoop)
- Knowledge of Hadoop technologies and SQL
- Database and O/S Internals