Product Escalation Engineer
Technical Support | San Mateo, CA
Job Description: Greenplum Sr. Support/Escalation Manager
- Manage support and escalation team to handle customer issues for key Greenplum products
- Motivate a team of Technical Support Engineers and Escalation Engineer through performance coaching, career planning and setting training objectives.
- Manage all aspect of daily operation of the team, on-call duty, SLA, customer escalation, measuring and reporting on key support/escalation success metrics and team’s future growth
- Work closely with Development team to fix product bugs and improve product offerings through feature enhancement
- Lead team to apply troubleshooting techniques to resolve customer’s production issues
- Develop tools (internal and for Support Engineers) for improving process and team knowledge
- Constant learning and knowledge expansion
- 5-7 years minimum of experience of managing support and/or data operation team.
- Must have experience in managing team that work in “Big Data” environment.
- Must have deep knowledge of all aspect of a Data Pipeline
- Extensive experience, very comfortable at working with databases
- Database internals (Postgres preferred) - understands database storage basics, database catalog, transaction logs, memory structures concepts - desired
- SQL knowledge - understands SQL statement processing, optimization, execution; SQL filters, joins, aggregates, etc.
- Software Development Knowledge desired - ability to work with and understand C and Python code - ability to read code, troubleshoot; ability to grasp complex concepts
- Postgres experience/knowledge - Greenplum is based on Postgres, so Postgres knowledge will be highly beneficial - desired
- MPP (Massively Parallel Processing) database experience/knowledge - Teradata/Greenplum/etc. will be highly useful for this position – desired
- Certain comfort with working on Linux is necessary - required
- This is really a position where constant learning and gaining knowledge is required
« Back to Openings