Technology - VV&T | Redwood City, CA, United States
The Software Test Engineer will be part of the Verification, Validation and Test (VV&T) team. He or she will support all aspects of HeartFlow’s software verification and validation activities throughout the product lifecycle.
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain primarily automated and some manual test assets for appropriate test coverage of software features including cloud services, databases, servlets, algorithms, and scientific computing software
- Develop, modify, support and maintain ownership of software tools used for product qualification across development and test teams.
- Participate in tactical planning of tools and methods for VV&T automation, including configuration management planning and documentation
- Assist with planning and participate in test activities to meet FDA and international standards for medical devices
- Support the specification, design, development, deployment and maintenance of data collection and automation tools related to the generation and maintenance of HeartFlow’s internal test data set
- Review product and software requirements for testability, clarity, and completeness
- Adhere to and actively participate in the continuous development and improvement of all engineering team quality policies and processes in accordance with FDA and International standards for medical devices.
- Passion for test engineering and processes required to ensure the highest quality software products
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of standard techniques for software verification and validation
- Proficient in Linux and Windows environments
- Strong background in C++, Python, and SQL databases
- Knowledge of or experience developing and testing back end servers, algorithms, or scientific computing software
- Experience using software development tools including defect tracking systems, source code revision control, and automated testing and code optimization, a plus
- Highly motivated to produce high quality work on time with demonstrated ability to learn quickly and find practical solutions
- Ability to break down a large problem into smaller components
- Proven attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be flexible and adaptable in a start-up environment
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Interest in and prior experience in an FDA/Medical Device regulated environment and familiarity with DICOM, highly desirable
- Prior experience testing using/with APIs, OpenGL, Windows based applications
- Knowledge of UI software automation tools (e.g. Ranorex)
- Prior experience in the design, development, deployment and maintenance of automated software verification and validation frameworks
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of industry work experience. Desired: 1+ years (MS), 3+ years (BS), or 4+ years.
HeartFlow is an exciting, revolutionary, VC-backed, medical device software start-up in Redwood City that has received international recognition for reaching exceptional strides in healthcare innovation. We are dedicated to changing cardiovascular healthcare through improvement in the accuracy of non-invasive diagnostic imaging. HeartFlow operates a service business that processes Computed Tomographic (CT) imaging to generate 3D models of patients’ coronary arteries for physicians’ use. HeartFlow is a Pre-IPO company and received FDA clearance in 2014.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.