Software Engineer (Platform & Services)
Software Development | San Mateo, CA
At Wize Commerce, we're in the business of helping companies maximize their eCommerce investments across every channel, device and digital ecosystem. It’s an expertise we’ve honed for years with our eCommerce customers, providing them with unmatched traffic and monetization services at incredible scale.
As a global force in eCommerce technology, Wize Commerce has always been about big ideas and the big thinkers who create them. If you're looking for an innovative, inspiring and fun place to work with awesome colleagues, then you need to check us out.
Some fun facts about the scale of Wize Commerce:
- We drive over $1.4 Billion in annual worldwide sales through the properties and partners of Wize Commerce
- The Wize Commerce Shopping Network includes Nextag, guenstiger.de, FanSnap, and Calibex.
And each week we manage:
Job: Software Engineer (Platform and Services)
- 21 Million Keyword Searches
- 105 Million Retargeted Ads
- 140 Million Bot Crawls
- 300 Million Facebook Ads
- 700 Million Keywords
- 560 Million Product SKUs
- 1000’s of Simultaneous Optimization Tests
This is a position in the core platform & services team – a team that builds horizontal, scalable, reliable, high performance low latency online or offline systems. These new systems that you design and architect will be used across multiple verticals in the company, and will be part of the core DNA that orchestrates entire lines of businesses within Wize Commerce.
Your colleagues will look upon your technical acumen to help guide and build their components. You are expected to have a high level idea of a wide spectrum of big-data technologies with deep operational knowhow of large scale systems. You will also be using leading and sometimes bleeding edge technology, primarily open-source, to solve business initiatives.
This is a position for someone that loves challenge – a self starter motivated individual who likes to make a significant impact as the company continues to chase its growth trajectory. Given the core nature of this team, this position has high visibility across a broad spectrum. Requirements:
- You write scalable, highly performant Java code with automated tests, good coding practices, design patterns and smart use of data structures and algorithms.
- You are a problem solver who finds creative ways around obstacles and is passionate about delivery of solutions.
- You have a track record of challenging status quo and strive to improve production systems every day, to make them faster and more scalable.
- You have built and deployed production quality systems at high scale, using one or more of following techniques
- Non-relational (NoSQL) data stores like Cassandra, HBase or similar
- Event processing systems like Storm
- service oriented architecture
- You use a data-driven, analytical process to get your point of view across
- You love open source technologies and you have contributed to one or more open source projects
- You have an MS/PHD in Computer Science