Who We Are
Mobiquity is a rapidly scaling, and key, player in a new category: mobile service providers. Forrester thinks this line of business will hit $32 billion by 2018. We conceptualize, design, and deliver end-to-end mobile solutions for Fortune companies, providing a mix of mobile services and products. We do some incredible work – far beyond flinging birds at pigs. The solutions that we’re coming up with are among the most downloaded apps in the world, and are aimed at transforming how people use mobile. From pharma to retail, financial services to biotech, and beyond, we are there.
Led by one of the most successful serial entrepreneurs in the United States, with a headquarters just outside of Boston, and offices opening around the globe, Mobiquity offers opportunities to transform both your career, and the world of mobile. We have doubled our staff in the past 12 months, and expect to do the same in 2014. Right now is an amazing time to join us.
Why This Job Matters:
Mobiquity develops incredibly complex mobile enterprise solutions for some of the world's most impressive companies. And, since every companies IT infrastructure is unique, complex, and (at times) a little messy, our System Architects are key to helping us understand both if, and how, we can tie a mobile solution to that infrastructure. Sometimes this involves sitting down the client face to face, going over history. At other times (well, most of them), it involves diving pretty deeply into the system itself. Then, you take your detective work, and design the architecture to make that connection. Then, you'll help us as we build it.
The role's very visible, interesting, and while we know this is a bit cheesy, fun. Really fun: you get to learn on the job, about some pretty complex tech and a variety of verticals. You'll get to travel (we won't kill you with it, but you should be okay with visiting clients from time-to-time), work with a great and bright team, and be deep into the mobile space. We're pretty sure you'll love the work.
What This Job Entails:
- Perform architectural design and implementation oversight of Mobiquity client projects
- Translating client's business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs.
- Communicate and document designs, implementation plans, and business & data workflow models.
- Creative approach while using appropriate design pattern
- Design and document API level specifications and Data Models
- Interact with client IT and Business teams to address technical dependencies and deployment of solutions
- Resolve technical issues and identify risks by building consensus among technical stakeholders
- Evaluate vendor solutions and technology selection
- Good understanding of multi-tier enterprise architecture and system of records
The Skills We're Looking For:
- Hands-on enterprise application architecture design experience
- At least five years of software development experience with large enterprise level
- Experience on developing software in Agile environment
- Previous consulting or client service delivery experience in a project-based environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with non-functional attributes of enterprise solutions (e.g. security, load balancing, and performance)
- Solid understanding of databases (relational and NoSQL DBs)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines and 4+ years experience in professional software development
Recruiting Agencies: While we really do appreciate what you do, and how challenging it can be, please do not send us unsolicited resumes, either to our employees, job listings, or recruiting team. (We call those “free leads”). Mobiquity is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Mobiquity is an equal opportunity employer. We feel strongly that the best ideas come from all sorts of directions and sources, and cutting ourselves off from anyone due to our own biases is simply bad business, as well as bad citizenship.