Dear future SADA Senior QA Engineer!
We thrive on cutting edge technology and are looking for a QA Engineer with broad set of technical skills who is ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges by ensuring the quality of SADA’s custom solutions. If you love testing complex enterprise systems and want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of an established business, we are the place for you.
SADA is an early adopter of new technologies and was one of the first companies to provide solutions for the cloud. Due to SADA's partnerships and experience, you will have the opportunity to get early access to new technologies and stay ahead of the curve. Learn more about SADA Systems at www.sadasystems.com.
We’re looking for a dedicated Senior QA Engineer to build our QA practice at SADA Systems. You will be responsible for the design, development and execution of manual and automated test cases as well as establishing and maintaining best practices as they pertain to quality assurance.
The QA Test Engineer will interact and collaborate primarily with the Development Manager and Project/Product Manager. All test and debug activities will be executed according to project plans and schedules, while adhering to defined quality requirements and reported through established tracking tools and systems.
The QA Test Engineer will be a hands-on technical person responsible for performing manual and automated testing of applications. Under general direction, debugs complex software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply and maintain quality standards for company products. Design, code and execute automated and manual test scripts. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Technical consulting on automation issues, tools and processes. May take part in researching best practices, new tools and technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and execute test cases for SADA products and solutions based on customer scenarios, written feature requirements, and technical design specifications.
- Work with escalation team on hot patches and service packs for customer escalations requiring high priority attention.
- Drive the continual improvement of product quality in the primary context of supporting escalations.
- Help managing and administrating QA test environments by working closely with the IT team.
- Report project status, defects report and verification, and issue escalation in timely manner.
- Closely work with product managers, developers, and support teams to build software from initial requirements through deployment and maintenance.
- Candidate will also need to be involved in Test Automation application development in scripting languages and automation tools. The position will be providing technical solutions to field support team when needed.
- Plan and executes both manual and automated functional, non-functional and regression tests
- Understand the application concepts and flow in order to identify the re-usable key components for automation purposes
- Ability to quickly understand and design/update automation framework as per the application need
- Provide the status on a daily/weekly basis to the scrum team as well management to track the progress
- Mentor other junior members of the team
- Log and track defects using the designated tracking system and tools
- Evaluate and improve testing methodologies for continuous improvement
You Would Be Great For This Position If You Have:
- 5-7 years of experience in Software Quality Engineering
- Experience in all areas of product testing for both manual and automation: installation, functional, system integration, performance and reliability, regression, usability test
- Able to troubleshoot and find out the real cause of the issues found in QA and provide recommendation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to ramp up and grasp complexities
- Experience in developing the Test Plan/Procedures, test Cases execution and preparing Test Reports
- Experience in using defect report tools
- Knowledge of Agile SCRUM development processes.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills with all levels and functions.
- Possess good analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- A good team player
- Strong Automation skills in both UI and service level
- Self-motivated, dedicated, focused, and able to meet demanding project schedules with minimal supervision
Why you'll love working at SADA:
- You'll work with a great group of smart people, many of the best in the business, in a highly collaborative, team and results oriented atmosphere
- You’ll work with large, sophisticated, and progressive clients and partners throughout North America
- You'll have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and extremely positive environment where there is always the opportunity to challenge your skills and really move the needle
- We have a ping pong table, big screens, frequent company lunches, video games, company social events and an espresso machine!
- You'll get awesome benefits that include competitive and attractive compensation, huge performance based bonuses, holidays, combined vacation and sick days, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, 401K matching and more
- Ongoing training provided and plenty of opportunities to grow.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, highly competitive plus performance-based incentives.
SADA Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level, then SADA is the right place for YOU.