Engineering | New York City, United States
Android Engineer | Venmo
At Venmo, we’re building products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Our mobile apps capture the stories and experiences of our loyal user base, whose shared payments can be seen updating every second on our global feed.
We're also in a unique position to greatly impact how customers and merchants interact. The product teams at Venmo are working together with Braintree, our parent company, to power checkout and payments for thousands of popular online destinations, stores, and services. Our joint offering, Venmo Touch, gives our users one touch purchasing within apps, eliminating the need to retype credit card numbers inside each app that is downloaded. In addition, our new Developer API enables businesses to pay any email address or phone number along with a personalized note that becomes part of our global feed.
Engineering at Venmo:
We're passionate about building exceptional products that improve our users’ lives and connect them with others. We view engineering as a craft, and want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing.
- Making our Android app amazing
- Making our Android app feel at home on the Android platform and ensuring they adhere to Android design standards
- Respond to customer feedback and usability testing to enhance the user experience
- Write robust tests to ensure the quality of the codebase
- Collaborate closely with product managers, user interface designers, other engineers, and multiple groups across Venmo to define and implement product features
- Keep up-to-date on the latest Android SDK developments, taking advantage of new Android features when appropriate
- Make sure the app performs well on the wide range of Android devices
- Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- A passion for pragmatic, fast and beautiful code
- Strong opinions about design and what makes an elegant, useable Android application
- Experience building and maintaining a highly rated Android app
- Knowledge of and love for testing