Engineering | Solana Beach, CA, United States
OneHealth is seeking a passionate and talented engineer to join our technical team with a focus on building out our mobile experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and build hybrid apps and web experiences for mobile phones and tablets
- Work directly with our platform and analytics engineers and contribute the mobile perspective
- Collaborate daily with development, QA, product and management teams
- Maintains a working knowledge of relevant government and industry standards
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ Years of mobile development experience
- Knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, OAuth and REST
- Experience with native app development for Android (Java), Android Frameworks and technologies such as WebView, Intents, Testing and Volley
- Experience with Android tools such as proguard, systrace, adb, bmgr and jobb
- Experience with GIT, Continuous Integration and automated development tools and processes
- Experience with design patterns, such as Model View Presenter, Data Mapper, Polymorphism, DRY, Decoupling
- Experience with agile development practices and methodologies such as Scrum, Refactoring, TDD, BDD and Unit Testing
- Strong interest in learning new technologies, standards and working with open source software
- Passionate, accountable with excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience with CORS, HTML5 WebSockets and C2DM based Push Notifications a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
*Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
OneHealth™ is an award winning behavioral modification platform that increases outcome-driven wellness and reduces the cost of health care by combining clinical principles, social technologies and game mechanics to extend the reach and benefits of professional medical and clinical care. We are revolutionizing the health care industry so we can help saves lives every day. OneHealth Solutions, Inc. was founded in 2008, is backed by a leading industry Venture Capital firm, and is located in Solana Beach, CA. (www.OneHealth.com)
This is an opportunity to join a small company making a big impact. We have an engaging corporate culture that combines high standards, professional discipline and an enjoyable team-oriented environment. Competitive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K and Equity Incentive plan. Our offices are located one mile from the beach and we offer a free weekly yoga class and surfing meet ups.