Use LinkedIn to see who you know at Zynga
Senior Art Director
Art & User Experience | San Francisco, CA
Zynga is looking for a world-class Art Director to lead one of our most successful games – FarmVille 2. The Art Director will lead the art development process and talented team of 3D and 2D artists while regularly collaborating with Production, Design and Product Management. Beyond the ability to meet production deadlines and business goals, this position requires an eye for quality and fun, as the Art Director is ultimately accountable for work that will be seen and experienced by millions of players every day. You are motivated, experienced and talented with an appreciation for fun, animated 3D graphics, a passion for social games, and you are able to comfortably deliver in our existing art style. You have an insatiable thirst to learn what our players want, and figure out how to deliver it to them. This position will be located at Zynga's San Francisco Office.
- Ensure all released art content is consistent with the style of FarmVille 2.
- Collaborate with Creative Director and Design to set appropriate tone both at a strategic level, and on a feature-by-feature basis.
- Work with Marketing on creation and development of Marketing materials.
- Accurately distinguish which art issues are critical, and which ideas are worth pursuing.
- Continually improve and optimize the art development and art production processes.
- Assist Art Producers in developing plans and task assignments.
- Ensure feature estimates are accurately scoped, and ensure high quality execution of deliverables.
- Assist in the setting of goals and objectives for the art team.
- Lead inter-department communications as they relate to art.
- Maintain quality and refine vision for FarmVille 2 without breaking style.
- Guide, mentor, and assist with hiring/recruiting of team members, source freelancers and external studios as needed.
- Lead both formal and informal critique, and work through leads to disseminate feedback.
- Solid experience in entertainment and game markets
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts, Graphic Arts, or related field
- 10+ years of professional experience and advanced leadership including communication and project management skills required, with a minimum of 6 years as a senior level professional
- Successful track record in developing and managing multidisciplinary art teams of more than 20 people.
- Expertise in art/design, and a demonstrated ability to direct, mentor and enhance the efforts of a creative team
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams as well as art leads
- Experience managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication – the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to direct and multi-task under pressure, while balancing speed and quality of work
- Proven ability to lead and juggle several project ideas from concept to release at the same time
- Proven ability to think conceptually and broadly about the project and the FarmVille franchise as a whole
- Expert understanding of art direction and storytelling