Use LinkedIn to see who you know at Zynga
Senior UI/UX Designer
Art & User Experience | Toronto
Zynga is a pioneering game company whose mission is to connect the world through games.
We are currently looking for an User Interface/User Experience designer with a passion for UI/UX, a strong vision, and the leadership skills to deliver that vision.
- Work closely with the Product Team to deliver against strategic objectives set forth
- Challenge and motivate the team to lead the studio in innovation and evolution of our UI/UX
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary product team for user experience planning and development
- Generate crisp, innovative, and elegant design solutions for complex social products
- Responsible for execution of strong interaction design and visual design principles
- Lead rapid iterations and testing on a variety of ideas using wireframes and sketches to fully designed comps
- Enthusiastically partner with user research specialists to understand the goals of multiple user types and create designs that uphold their needs
- Partner with engineers to collaborate and iterate in fast-paced design-build cycles
- Facilitate dialog around end-user requirements and business requirements
- Help build a dynamic, creative environment in which you can design while also motivating and mentoring other team members
- Work with a program manager to coordinate project scheduling and ensure solutions are delivered on time and exceed expectations
- Researching interaction design trends
- Make a point to understand how Zynga’s audience interacts with its games/services, and make use of this knowledge in the development of the best possible user experiences
- Review final products and ensure they are pixel perfect.
- Required Skills:
- 3+ years of professional design/user experience for software, mobile applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
- Degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, New Media Design, HCI, Human Factors/Ergonomics or related field.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of IOS and Android interfaces and platform specific UX and functionality.
- Thorough understanding and passion for user experience design as it relates to social applications or rich mobile experiences.
- Excellent leadership skills. The ability to communicate effectively, while motivating and inspiring peers that across disciplines.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and successfully launch new product.
- Proven ability to prioritize work and function in an agile environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and associated design tools.
- Extensive experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Strong skills in illustration, layout, typography and color theory.
Nice to Have:
- Strong knowledge of animation.
- Game design experience from ideation through to completion.
- 3d texture painting
- 3d modeling