Use LinkedIn to see who you know at Zynga
Senior Data Scientist
Data, Analytics & User Research | San Francisco, CA
Zynga’s mission is to connect the world through games. Each day millions of users spend time with one or more of Zynga’s games on Facebook, Zynga.com and their mobile phones. To realize our mission we need to understand our players and their behavior. We focus on areas such as Machine Learning, Data Mining, Statistics and Large Graph Analysis.
We are looking for Senior/Principal Data Scientist with experience in solving practical but large-scale Machine Learning problems. You will work closely with game teams to identify and formalize problems around user modeling. You will be responsible for designing and implementing models and algorithms for new problems in Social Gaming and work with the game teams to put those models into production in our games. You will have the opportunity to have impact on the fun that millions of players have every day in Zynga’s network.
- Work with large amounts of data to identify opportunities that would help improve the experience that Zynga provides to the users
- Apply Machine Learning and Data Mining techniques for a variety of user modeling tasks within Zynga’s Game Network.
- Work closely with game teams to design, test, verify and implement Machine Learning techniques with Zynga’s games that impact the daily life of millions of users
- Design and evaluate novel approaches to experiments for gameplay
- MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Math or Statistics
- Extensive practical knowledge of Data Mining, Machine Learning
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with large relational databases
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (Perl, Python,Ruby,etc.)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently to get an idea from inception to implementation
- Experience with Recommendation Systems, Social Network Analysis, Information Retrieval
- Experience with handling large-scale data and experimentation frameworks
- Knowledge of one of R, Octave, Weka
- Knowledge of one high level programming language (C++, Java)