We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing with cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled & committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data onto researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster and with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say we are tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
Senior Project Managers are responsible for ensuring that Medidata is able to deliver quality products and services on time and within budget through effective management of Medidata resources. Senior Project Managers serve as the client’s overall day-to-day primary contact and are responsible for keeping both the client and Medidata Management team up to date on project activity status. Senior Project Managers are the primary factor in maintaining high customer satisfaction. Senior Project Managers typically will manage larger complex projects as well as mentoring newer project managers in effective Project Management methodology.
• Full accountability for the management of project timelines, budget and milestones for a variety of projects.
• Leading client and internal status meetings
• Problem tracking and timely resolution
• Pro-active communication with all stakeholders
• Responsibility for project financials, budget tracking and accuracy of invoicing
• Managing the complete project development life cycle
• Actively mentoring newer Project Managers in effective Project Management methodology
• Participation in Implementation Services strategic assignments and internal projects
• Proven ability to effectively manage larger complex clients / multiple projects
• Providing mentoring and guidance on project management principles for all assigned project team members
• Assure compliance with Medidata’s standard project management methodologies and Medidata SOPs
• Managing assigned project resources on an ongoing basis
• Providing on-going feedback regarding performance of all Professional Services team members
• Managing client expectations
• Active management of Scope, Change, Issue and Risk Management for all projects.
• Develop client relationship as “trusted advisor” role through effective proactive project management
• Expert in all Medidata internal systems, QuickArrow, Magic, etc.
• Maintain balanced performance, revenue / billable / non-billable hours while maintaining reference able clients.
• Four-year college degree or higher preferred, analytic discipline a plus
• Minimum of 3-5 years of systems/software development project management experience
• Experience preferably in clinical or biomedical or software development environment
• Electronic Data Capture (EDC) software consulting experience desirable
• Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills
• Excellent skills in knowledge transfer
• Excellent computer skills, and presentation skills
• Excellence with MS Office suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experienced with MS Project, project development and management
• Travel expectations up to 20% - 30 %, domestic / international
• Valid drivers license requiredMedidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.