Senior HR Business Partner
Human Resources | Corporate | New York, NY
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture; we encourage our teams to come together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new ideas. On our quest to strengthen our position as the premier technology company in the life sciences space, we are looking for highly skilled & committed professionals. Our mission? To put innovative technology and insightful data onto researchers’ hands to help them safely get new treatments to market faster and with lower risk and cost. We’re proud to say are tackling real-world problems and making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere.
In a partnering capacity, the Senior HR Business Partner will influence client groups' on issues involving organizational design, talent assessment, succession planning, employee relations, employee and management development, compensation, performance management and employee engagement. In other words, a full service business consultant with a client group.
- Know the business being served at a very deep level; this requires constant engagement with the management team including attending staff meetings, off-sites and knowing every element of their business needs.
- Provide organizations with appropriate advice and counsel on employee issues to ensure top contributors are engaged and rewarded and bottom performers are moved up or out.
- Investigate employee issues and complaints in a timely, professional manner; respond to and resolve issues as appropriate.
- Partner with Organization Development to analyze and deliver the employee survey results. Guide managers on developing effective action plans and facilitate their execution.
- Drive performance management, not just on an annual basis but throughout the year by coaching managers on appropriate goal setting, coaching, and feedback leading to the annual review process.
- Deliver leadership and management training programs.
- Provide analysis of organization health by analyzing trends in attrition and turnover
- Partner with HR leads in Compensation, Talent Acquisition, and Benefits by providing feedback from client groups, generating new ideas, assisting with program development and implementation, promoting HR initiatives to the organizations.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Human Resources, with a minimum of seven years’ Business Partner experience.
- BA/Masters or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an environment with ambiguity and change; adapting to and being a champion for positive change
- Leverages strong business acumen and analytic capability to integrate HR and business strategies
- Able to uncover issues & root causes and apply business focused solutions
- Effective implementation of change management principles
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- The ability to get things done through others, without a direct reporting relationship
- Ability to apply and create “best practice” solutions
- Demonstrated ability to take initiate and have a bias for thoughtful action
- In-depth experience in one or more core HR disciplines (Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, etc.)
- Skilled at building credibility and effective relationships and is a strong collaborator
- Demonstrated proficiency in coaching, influencing, negotiating and managing conflict
- Solid understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Resilient with a high level of personal integrity and energy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- A driven, results-oriented professional with a sense of humor