Engineering | Boston, MA, United States
As a member of the Think Big team, you will work with--and learn from--the best people in the industry as you help clients define their Big Data strategy, architect and implement these road maps, and bring to life revolutionary new analytics and insights.
Our teams value collaboration and professional growth whether it's learning an industry when traveling to work with customers, attending our Think Big Academy, or speaking at conferences about our clients' accomplishments and success. We believe in developing our people to be expert technologists and thought leaders in the Big Data space!
As a Senior Data Engineer you will:
- Lead small teams of developers and coordinate development activities
- Design and develop code, scripts and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data integrated from multiple sources
- Perform software installation and configuration
- Participate in and help lead requirements and design workshops with our clients
- Mentor junior members of the team in software development best practices
Do you have amazing engineering skills such as:
- Experience leading teams
- Proven expertise in production software development
- 7+ years of experience programming in Java
- Unix experience
- Experience with other programming languages (Python, C, C++, etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL, NoSQL, relational database design and methods
- Experience building complex and non-interactive systems (batch, distributed, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Ideal Senior Data Engineer candidates have the following experience:
- Prior consulting experience
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Pig
- Experience with Avro, Thrift, Protobufs
- JMS: ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, JBoss, etc.
- Dynamic and/or functional languages (Python, Ruby, Scala, Clojure, etc.)
- Linux expertise
- Familiarity with different development methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, XP, scrum, etc)
Do you have what it takes to be a Big Thinker? Apply today to join the best in the industry!
Think Big Analytics is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.