Data Science | Mountain View, CA, United States
The teams at Think Big Analytics value collaboration and professional growth whether it's learning an industry when traveling to work with customers, attending our Think Big Academy, or speaking at conferences about our clients' accomplishments and success. We believe in developing our people to be expert technologists and thought leaders in the Big Data space!
Our Data Science team delivers insights and value to clients from heterogeneous data sets with solutions that integrate into engineering and decision making processes. Additionally, our team enables Big Analytics for our clients through advisory services including use case prioritizations, tool selection and training, and capability definitions.
Our success as a services firm relies on our experts' ability to be more than technologists and statisticians. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Work with a team to define and execute a data science approach addressing client use case or business requirement
- Define business-relevant validation strategies
- Perform data wrangling and extract exploratory insights from Big Data
- Create statistical and machine learning models in multiple technologies to support client goals
- Partner with engineering teams to bring solutions to life
- Partner with clients and Think Big Delivery Leads to ensure successful delivery of data science solutions
- Write and deliver reports and presentations including descriptions of efforts, results, recommendations, industry practices, and more
Do you have amazing Data Science skills such as:
- Proficiency in building statistical models with tools such as R, Weka, MATLAB, SAS, etc.
- Python (or another scripting language) programming
- Data manipulation with SQL systems or data APIs (e.g. RESTful interfaces)
- Code management with version control systems (Git or Mercurial preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- 4+ years working in quantitative roles
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Ideal Senior Data Scientist candidates have this additional experience:
- Unstructured data and text analytics
- Hadoop, Hive, and Pig
- AWS or equivalent cloud solutions
- Agile development methodology
- Professional consulting
Do you have what it takes to be a Big Thinker? Apply today to join the best in the industry!
Think Big Analytics is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.