Credit & Documentation Specialist will be responsible for consumer credit issues and documentation compliance for both interstate and international shipping of GenZe vehicles. This position is based in Palo Alto, CA and reports to the Head of Sales/Revenue Generation.
• Carry out vehicle stock checks on a quarterly basis and reconcile to control accounts.
• Strive to meet and /or exceed financial metrics including aging of invoices
• Manage Company credit exposure to minimize bad debt. Analyze customer financials, D&B, references, etc., provides analysis and interpretation of the customers’ financial status for proper evaluation of risk and the establishment of proper credit limits
• Assist in preparing annual audit visits and queries from the Mahindra auditors .
• Organise and lead credit control meetings on a monthly basis or more frequently if required.
• Process direct credits and debits from suppliers
• Maintain the orderly and timely filing of all documentation relating to this function.
• To ensure that the tidiness, cleanliness and security of the accounts department are maintained at all times.
• To fulfill any ad hoc duties in relation to the administration of the accounts
• Drive high-quality execution against plans and operational commitments
• Build strong Customer relationships to ensure world-class Customer interfaces and win/win outcomes are achieved
• Build strong relationships with internal customers and stakeholders such as A/R, Logistics, Sales, Sales Ops to enable world-class processes and performance
• Completely reviews and complies with Documentary Letters of credit and prepares every necessary document
• Develop policies and procedures for interstate and international document compliance/customs compliance for GenZe vehicles
• 5-10 years of related work experience in automotive/motorcycle environment
• Strong working knowledge of consumer lending regulations and operations (internal/vendor managed sales and services, credit card operations, electronic banking mediums, etc.)
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with direct retail dealer sales channels
• Familiarity with retail sales programs, such as co-op advertising and MDF
• Ability and willingness to work in a flexible start-up environment with minimal direction
• Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships and trust with a broad range of individuals across functions, including management level
• Understanding of financial statements and ratio analysis
• Knowledge of general accounting principles and accounting systems.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Degree in Business or Finance/Accounting/Economics or similar is required (BA/BS); MBA or equivalent a plus
All candidates are subject to a full background check. Local candidates receive priority preference. Only FT W2 applicants will be accepted. NO AGENCY SOLICITATION CALLS OR EMAILS. Mahindra GenZe is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Mahindra GenZe is an Equal Opportunity Employer - applicants are evaluated without regard to their age, race, color religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status