Computers/Software | St Louis, MO, United States
Follow industry leader blogs and twitter feeds to stay current with new techniques and technologies at your disposal as a developer. Are a fast learner and can pickup new things quickly, be it a technique, framework, or language. May or may not have worked on a high traffic site yet, but the idea of doing so excites you rather than intimidates you.
- HTML - tableless
- CSS - above average (we don’t support IE6)
- OOP experience - common design patterns: Singleton, Factory, MVC, etc
- MVC framework experience
- LAMP development experience
- Social media aware (have an active facebook / twitter / google+ account)
- Facebook app or api experience
- High traffic experience and optimization for it
- Good debugging skills
- Js mvc experience (backbone.js)
- Experience with some 'html5' aspects like local storage and pushstate
- Can come up with interesting product ideas (we're always looking for new app ideas)
- Have a good UX/UI sense
- Have used media queries to create responsive layouts
- Contribute to open source projects
- Native mobile experience (iOS, Android)
Answers.com®, The World’s Leading Q&A Site
Answers.com, the world's leading destination for Q&A content, is seeking a world-class “Web Development Engineer” ideally be responsible for developing for high traffic websites (100 million visitors +), developing Top 10 Facebook applications, working with huge datasets, solving critical and complex issues by the minute, and working with a set of technology brains similar to Google. Even better, you can instantly impact millions of users, and see how your code immediately creates revenue.
Here's our story; we are a comScore Top 20 website offering 150 Million monthly visitors a one-stop shop for integrated media across desktop, mobile and social media platforms. Backed by a proven business model, 29 quarters of profit, and the top private equity firms in the USA (Summit Partners & TA Associates), Answers' has become the world's top destination for Q&A content, delivering 15 Billion+ trusted answers to all life’s question’s. Additionally, we’ve leapfrogged Netflix, ESPN, FOX, Yelp, Disney & Twitter in online visitors.
Secret of our success? A world-class team of web technology enthusiasts coming from top Universities such as Stanford, Cornell, UC Berkeley, MIT and Carnegie Mellon, as well as a management team from Google, eBay, Yahoo, NetFlix and Microsoft.
Interested in learning more?
.. Apply today!