International | Canada, Canada
Based in the Toronto office, you’ll be a critical force in driving Canada’s marketing & PR efforts. You will be responsible for amplifying the Etsy brand and work closely with the Etsy International team to develop cohesive strategies with measurable impact.
About the Team
The International team is on a mission to accelerate the growth of Etsy's people-powered marketplace outside the US. We are comprised of over 50 people, based in 9 countries, across functions from technology to marketing, working together to empower independent, creative businesses to sell and buy globally. We serve over 30 million members in 200 countries around the world.
About the Position
Reporting to the Pr/Comms Specialist, the Pr/Comms Coordinator will focus on community building using authentic and unique methods to get the Etsy story told. This ranges from the unconventional to grassroots and other, more traditional marketing methods. The job will require you to have a deep awareness of the Canadian landscape, specifically in Quebec. The Pr/Commscoordinator will also work closey with the blogger community and will have strong ties to media outlets across Canada. There are regional travel requirements for this role (specifically to Quebec, Vancouver and Calgary).
- Support the comms team in managing regional based events with partners to raise brand awareness (this sometimes requires working an evening or travelling)
- Coordinate content assistance for media inquiries including outreach to Etsy sellers to fulfill partner and media requests
- General administration assistance as needed, updating media lists and compilation of media clippings and partnership placements
- Understand and manage social media and communication channels as required
- Support blogger outreach and events
- General understanding of analytics and how to measure the success of a campaign
- Must be able to work outside contractual hours when necessary. Additionally, local and/or regional travel may account for up to 25% of work time
- Fluent in French is a must
- Three to five years experience in a PR environment (in-house or agency) with event management experience
- Deep Awareness of the Canadian media landscape, on and offline
- Creative thinker, proactive and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a young and growing company.
- “Hands on” and comfortable in a somewhat hectic, “do it yourself” environment.
- Passion for handmade and/or vintage goods.
- Sense of humour is a must!
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you’ve probably guessed, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So write to us, in your own human voice, and tell us what you’re all about. Feel free to point us to any online presence you may have (Twitter, Facebook, rap sheet), and if you write, draw or practice a craft, that means something to us, and we would love to hear about it when you write!