The Lync Architect/Engineer is responsible for nurturing client relationships, building Oakwood presence through technical expertise and consulting on matters concerning UC, including Exchange, Lync and Lync Voice. You may be upgrading, installing, designing and/or migrating these solutions for Oakwood’s clients. The Lync Architect/Engineer handles a variety of roles ranging from design & installation of complex systems to assessing and recommending solutions for the systems, desktops or networks.
The role involves pre-sales support including project definition, scoping/sizing, analysis of technical alternatives, and the presentations and/or proposal of results. The primary role will be to design and install complex systems working with clients and vendors to find cost-effective solutions, utilizing varying tools/hardware and software alternatives. The position will include opportunities to mentor other team members including client personnel.
This position may serve in either an individual or team environment with the potential of serving in varying capacities including technical project leadership, depending on the needs of the project and the team (client and internal).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Over 7 years of experience working OCS/Lync, Exchange, and Voice related technologies
- Diverse technical background with experience in various industries, roles, platforms, architectures, packages and technologies
- Experience integrating Exchange and Lync with voice platforms from Cisco and Avaya
- Proven track record in core skills for infrastructure, centering around customer, project and client/staff deliverables
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft technologies and products, including: Lync, Exchange Server, Office Communication Server, Active Directory
- Strong career interest with a focus on professional improvement focused on Unified Communication technologies
- Experience working in enterprise environments
Preferred Experience and Certifications:
- Previous consulting or professional services experience
- MCSA, MCSE (current release), MCTS or MCITP Exchange and Lync
- MCSA, MCSE (current release), MCTS or MCITP Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 Certification(s)
- Cisco Call Manager
Oakwood invests in their team members through support of certifications and exposure to Microsoft’s newest technologies. Our career management program is a proven successful process that allows our team members to determine their technical, business and professional career path and monitor the progress and adjust accordingly. Consider joining a company that invests in your technical and professional growth.