Do you have experience with monitoring and reporting for Systems Management?
Have you designed, deployed and administered System Center tools such as Configuration Manager (SCCM), Service Manager (SCSM) or Orchestrator (SCORCH), Operations Manager (SCOM), Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)?
Do you have experience with Desktop Management and/or Desktop Migrations?
Do you enjoy interacting with clients to resolve their technical and/or business challenges?
Do you want Microsoft’s System Center tools to be a basis of your career?
If so, you should consider a career with Oakwood Systems Group. We are adding Senior System Management Engineers to configure, install, set up security and reporting tools for Oakwood’s clients.
Oakwood is looking for Infrastructure team members with strong System Center skills to further enhance the talents of our Systems Management team. We are looking for candidates who can provide expert insight, create meaningful and scalable solutions and deliver outstanding services to Oakwood’s clients.
The Systems Management Engineer will play a key role in Oakwood’s continued growth by remaining aware of leading edge Microsoft technologies, and market trends. The Systems Management Engineer will contribute to the creation of white papers and serve as a trusted advisor for the team. Oakwood consultants often oversee and lend advice for multiple concurrent projects as well as collaborate and mentor other members of the team.
- Lead and master the latest System Center products and other Microsoft Infrastructure solutions
- Work with clients and Oakwood team to architect and develop Microsoft System Center solutions
- Provide thought leadership and guidance for client project teams and service line team members
- Lead requirements gathering sessions
- Translate business requirements to configuration specifications
- Investigate business needs and discuss new opportunities within the Oakwood organization
- Engage with the client as a trusted advisor
- Promote Oakwood within the community
Required Skills and Experience:
- Over 7 years of practical experience delivering Microsoft Infrastructure Solutions
- Diverse technical background with experience in various industries, roles, platforms, architectures, packages and technologies
- Proven track record in core skills for Microsoft Infrastructure Solutions, centering around customer, project and client/staff deliverables
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft technologies and products, with specialization in one or more of the following:
- Proven project experience with at least one portion of the suite of Microsoft System Center Technologies including:
- SCCM – System Center Configuration Manager/ConfigMgr
- SCSM – System Center Service Manager
- SCVMM – System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- SCORCH – System Center Orchestrator
- SCOM – System Center Operations Manager
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies: Hyper-V, VMware or Citrix
- Professional image and demeanor with the ability to present oneself in a consultative, confident manner while treating clients and team members with the highest level of professionalism
- Possess an entrepreneurial nature with the capability to understand multiple facets of a business environment along with an interest in contributing to Oakwood Systems Group
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as both the business and technical communities
- MCSA, MCSE (current release), MCTS or MCITP in an Infrastructure-related area
- Open to the potential for travel
Preferred Experience and Certifications:
- Previous consulting experience preferred
- MCSE 2003 Certification or MCITP Enterprise Messaging Administrator, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, MCITP Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 Certification(s)
- Minimum of Bachelors’ Degree preferred
Oakwood invests in their Consultants through support of certifications and exposure to Microsoft’s newest technologies. Oakwood fosters open sharing of knowledge within the Systems Management community. Our performance management program is a proven successful process that allows our Consultants to determine their technical, business and professional career path and monitor the progress and adjust accordingly. Why not consider joining a growing company that invests in YOU.