Creative Services | Seattle, WA, United States
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Are you an independent thinker? Do you like cutting your own path through the jungle? Do you have an understanding of user interaction design principles, web design layout, fonts and color theory, and strong visual design and conceptual skills? If you want to get away from the sharks and swim like the big fish in a small pond, then we might have the right job for you.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Visual Designer who will join the creative team to improve and share responsibility for improving the UI and brand from concept to implementation. This person will work with creative team leadership and technology and marketing stakeholders to develop and refine designs during ideation, iteration and development. You will also be working with the Lead UI/UX Designer to create compelling visual solutions within the evolving Blue Nile brand while contributing to our overall visual language. An eye for detail and organizational skills are critical.
- Design features and functionality; deliver pixel-perfect mockups and final design comps, produce visual assets, and documentation required for proper implementation
- Participate in user interface design or interaction projects from sketch through the full design and development
- Fulfilling multiple project requests while simultaneously meeting tight deadlines
- Support developers in translating and implementing designs.
- Work closely with marketing and merchandising executives on imagery and interactive features to support and promote the brand strategy
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design or related field, with an emphasis on user experience, interaction design, or visual design
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in visual design, interactive design or information architecture
- Strong comprehension and appreciation for innovative use of color, typography, and layout
- Understanding of user-centered design principles, current design trends, and best interaction practices
- Must be highly proficient with current versions of Adobe Creative Suite and familiar with a wide range of other design, web and multimedia software and Microsoft Office. Experience with Axure or Omnigraffle a plus
- Familiarity with HTML5/CSS3 a plus
- An outstanding portfolio with work demonstrating visual/interaction design skills as well as problem solving
- High enthusiasm, creativity, initiative, and innovation
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount