Change the way the world pays
Over the next 5 years, the payment industry will experience a total transformation. Coins, cash and paper checks will cease to exist; replaced by retina scans, virtual wallets and technologies the world has never seen.
At,YapStone, we are focused on building the future of payments. That’s why we’re hiring the best and the bravest to help us lead the way. Together, we’ll loosen our grip on everything we know and invent new ways to make business a whole lot more convenient and people’s lives a little easier.
We’re genuinely looking for a person who can take on new challenges to join our growing team. You will become a systems expert and help the team with essential tasks such as:
- Develop new systems
- Follow defined system development process
- Responsible for analysis of current programs, including performance tuning and optimization
- Responsible for implementation of software code including unit tests
- Drive continual improvement to system architecture and application code
- Provide effort estimates for coding and other tasks
- Research and recommend technology selections
- Work with new technologies to improve the current system
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- Performance Optimization
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Produce well-written technical documentation
- Provide guidance to less-experience staff members in a mentor relationship
- Recommend process improvements of 'best practices' across design, construction and test
We are looking for a motivated, focused engineer with at least 5+ years of experience along with a B.S in CS, Distributed Systems, EE, or Physics (M.S. degree preferred). Candidates should have the following skills/experience:
- 5+ years (or more) of work experience with Java and J2EE technologies
- Extensive knowledge of REST API design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases is required
- Excellent communication skills –English fluency is required
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- A plus if you understand design patterns, have worked with Tomcat, and used Subversion.