As a Engineering Manager for the API team at Vevo, you will be responsible for ensuring that the key service layer that powers all of our web, mobile and TV applications is available, reliable and scalable.
You will require strong architecture skills on the .NET stack, experience with the full SDLC, be an expert with REST API's and be able to lead and grow an agile development team. A commitment to unit testing and test automation in general is a must.
- Work closely with product managers to understand the product roadmap and feature dependencies for API.
- Own the backlog for API, manage sprints and lead the developers in sprint planning.
- Turn high level feature requirements into specific API endpoints, JSON payloads and test scenarios ready for developer implementation.
- Prioritize the feature backlog inline with business priorities and team resources.
- Communicate clearly with application developers, product managers and management.
- Co-ordinate with DevOps and oversee the deployment of API to production.
- Provide direction for evolving the API architecture to ensure on-going reliability and scalability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues and delegate where necessary.
- Mentor and grow the API developer team.
- Own the code base and be responsibile for the ongoing maintenance and evolution of the system.
We value innovative, self-driven, fast moving individuals with a passion for music and music videos. We foster a collaborative environment where you have a say in what gets built. When we say we move fast, we’re not kidding. Working at Vevo is fun, challenging, fast-paced, and always evolving.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in software development.
- 3+ years managing developers preferred.
- Expert level skills in .NET 4.0, MVC, SQL Server, REST, TFS, C#.
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure), Redis, Memcache is a plus.
- Experience with working with consumer sites or APIs at scale.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Previous experience in the Entertainment industry is a plus.