Digital Media Analyst, DSP/Trading Desk - Programmatic (NYC)
Yield Operations, Data & Analytics | New York, NY
Job Description Trading Specialist:18, June 2012 Varick Media Management
is an MDC Partners Company. VMM was founded in 2008 to deliver on the promise of audience-driven media – the idea of buying audiences, rather than pages.
The Trading Specialist is an integral role within the Yield Operations Data and Analytics (YODA) team at VMM. The responsibilities include campaign setup and trafficking, fulfillment of revenue and performance goals, organization and setup, discrepancy reporting, and operational management of the DSP environment.
This person will be responsible for proactively ensuring excellence in process and workflow within the department as well as any cross departmental projects. The ideal candidate will need to be insatiable, curious and addicted to analyzing data and extracting insights and trends. Trading Specialists report to Director of Yield Optimization, Data & Analytics. Responsibilities:
- Monitor campaign set up and trafficking, delivery and performance to ensure full delivery of all campaigns
- Develop and implement yield optimization strategies. Consistently monitor campaign performance and identify opportunities to optimize and improve ROI
- Oversee the scheduling, production, implementation and trend analysis of all online advertising campaigns to ensure timely and accurate implementation.
- Responsible for client needs by analyzing data, preparing recommendations and performing periodic optimizations to further increase success rate and future business
- Assist the Client Services team in understanding and conveying complicated technical aspects of campaign delivery, performance and monitoring
- Advise/consult with internal departments regarding advertising inventory, availability forecasting, campaign performance and sell-thru reporting.
- Compliance with risk mitigation standards/practices
- Assist in preparing audience & wrap up documents along with the the Analytics team
- Bachelor Degree Required
- 1-3 years hands-on experience with online ad yield analysis and/or ad operations team
- Experience managing online advertising campaigns and thorough understanding of major success metrics
- 1 year experience analyzing all points of ad inventory -- impressions, revenue, fill rates, and eCPMs in Real Time Bidding(RTB) environment
- Comprehensive understanding of campaign success metrics: conversions, pacing, target CPA's, etc.
- Strong project management and communication skill. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Math, Economics, Physics, etc.) preferred.
« Back to Openings