Maintenance/Repair | Aurora, NC, United States
- Railcar Repair – always uses current repair procedures. Conducts railcar inspections to ensure cars are in compliance and performs repairs as necessary.
- Customer Support – Meets the expectations and requirements of all customers. Ensures that customers are satisfied with the work.
- Clerical – ensures that all necessary invoicing, inspection, work order information is complete in order to facilitate correct and timely customer billing.
- Maintains all certifications, including tank car welding, complete and maintain Leak Test Certification, demonstrates strong familiarity with AAR rules and regulations. Let’s Foreman know when certifications and orientations are due.
- Other work related tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have broad Mechanical aptitude, ability to problem-solve and to make decisions.
- Have ability to learn or have background in repair, cleaning and painting of all car types, understand AAR interchange rules, inspection experience and the ability to grasp all aspects of the Field Services Specialist function.
- Must handle and successfully complete basic railcar repairs and inspections.
- Demonstrate familiarity with inventory management.
- Consistently demonstrate skill in customer relations, using good interpersonal skills and be able to work as a part of a team.
- AAR Interchange Rules and GATX Rail Policies
- Demonstrate welding abilities with increasing display of performance. Ongoing improvement in skill and knowledge of railcar repairs.
- Welding certification, Safety and Quality procedures and other training provided by company.
- Must have ability to travel within a 150-300 miles area of work location, as necessary.
- Must work in all types of weather conditions.
- Valid Driver’s License (CDL preferred)
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Results Driven and Self – starter
- Customer service skills and focus
- Team Player
- Decision-making ability
GATX offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life insurance
- Short term and long term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Pension Plan
- 15 days of vacation in the first year and 2 floating holidays
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled