Engineering | San Carlos, CA, United States
Senior Development ManagerSan Carlos, CA
Are you itching to be on the vanguard of the database revolution? Do you want to work with cutting edge NoSQL technology that Global 2000 customers are using to solve their mission-critical Big Data problems? For more than a decade, MarkLogic has delivered a powerful and trusted next-generation Enterprise NoSQL database that enables organizations to turn all data into valuable and actionable information. Organizations around the world rely on MarkLogic’s enterprise-grade technology to make better decisions faster.
A key differentiator for our platform is our powerful indexing, search, query and analytics capabilities that deliver sub-second response to complex, analytic queries over huge sets of data. We’re looking for an experienced development manager to manage a small team of core server engineers to extend our market-leading capabilities in managing and analyzing complex data. This is a player-coach role, so you will be spending some time coding in addition to your management responsibilities. In other words, you get to dig in and write some of these cool new features yourself!
- Manage a small team of server engineers to deliver key indexing, search, query and analytics features. Recent features we’ve been working on include SQL evaluator, RDF triple index, SPARQL evaluator, and Bi-temporal query capability.
- Help develop the overall product plan and multi-release roadmap for MarkLogic releases as part of the engineering leadership team
- Represent and evangelize our product’s indexing, search, query and analytics capabilities within MarkLogic and to our customers and partners
To succeed in this position, you will need:
- Great mentoring and management skills, and an ability to assess and grow your team’s capacity appropriately
- Excellent communication skills and ability to represent MarkLogic to employees, customers and partners
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly, assess their business value, and determine whether and how they fit with our core capabilities.
- Exceptional problem-solving and C++ coding skills
- Proficiency with all aspects of software development lifecycle
- Undergraduate degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years’ software development experience in C++, including full product-cycle responsibility for key functionality in an enterprise or systems product
- Experience with search technologies (Experience with enterprise RDBMS or NoSQL technologies is a plus)
- Experience with analytics, data mining, or other Big Data technologies is a plus, as is expertise with document and data formats such as JSON, XML and related technologies
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.