Software Engineering | Emeryville, CA, United States
Aspera is headquartered in Emeryville, California with satellite offices in the United Kingdom, France and Singapore. Over 2,000 customers across all industries that need to move large volumes of data in industries such as enterprise IT, games and software development, government, legal & eDiscovery, life sciences, media & entertainment and oil & gas rely on Aspera software to move extreme data sets at high-speed over global distances.
Aspera’s unwavering mission is to create the next-generation software technologies that move the world’s large data at maximum speed, regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. At the root of Aspera’s success lies our innovative, patented, highly efficient bulk data transport technology: fasp™ (fast, adaptive, secure protocol). This technology is unique and core to all Aspera high-performance file transfer software.
High-profile users include James Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment who relied on Aspera software for moving massive visual effects files across continents during the production of Avatar, Netflix who receive all their video content directly to their cloud infrastructure via Aspera On Demand and BGI, the world’s largest genome research organization where Aspera solutions are used to enable global collaboration between scientists across the globe.
You will be challenged to become a significant contributor on a hard-working team, and to take pride in your work. We have high expectations, and are looking for very knowledgeable and capable graduates with solid software development skills. This is an entry-level position, which will provide you with an opportunity to get your career off to a great start!
- Solid understanding of software development.
- You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
- You must be capable of managing your time well and working collaboratively.
- Experience programming one of the following languages: Java, C, C++, C#, Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
- Software design and development project work, preferably including web-application as well as server-side development.
- BA/BS, MS or better in Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in software development in internships, summer jobs, etc. a plus!
- Assist the software development team in developing and testing client and server components for Aspera's high performance file transfer suite, including internal libraries, tools and user interface components.
- Develop and maintain unit tests and automated system tests.
- Work with engineers cross functionally to develop great software that beats market standards with respect to performance, reliability, and functionality.
- Develop and deploy various code used to assist with Big Data transfer into the Cloud.
- Design and implement projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle.
- All this while having fun!
- A chance to work at a company with cutting edge technologies and patented products. Only Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file transfer experience!
- Great office location, free parking and conveniently located near two public transportation stations.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees.
- Great perks: breakfast and catered lunches several times a week, unlimited coffee and snacks, ping pong table and video game room.
- Generous 401k match.
- Certified 'Green' company includes funded public transportation benefit.
- Tuition and conference reimbursements.
- Frequent social events for employees and appearances from our dog, Luke (our VP of Motivation).