Engineering | Palo Alto, CA, United States
Palo Alto, CA
Title: iOS Software Engineer
Full-Time (Only local Bay Area candidates will be considered)
We are looking for a self-starter to join us on our mobile team. The person filling this role will have the opportunity to architect, design and develop simple yet sophisticated applications on the iPhone and/or iPad using the iOS SDK. If you are interested in joining a top-notch team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Architect, develop and test next-generation enterprise iOS Apps for iPhone and iPad
- Architect, develop and test iOS Apps that mesh-up social, cloud, mobile, geo, recommendations and enterprise data in new ways
- Build iOS Frameworks that will be utilized by other iOS developers to build enterprise applications
- Analyze and optimize your Mobile Apps for code efficiency and run-time performance
- Collaborate with product management to review, prioritize and plan product requirements
- Innovate with the architecture team to design and build industry leading products
- Work with User Experience team to drive best in class, easy to use apps with user centric design
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years building complex iOS applications for the iPhone or iPad using Objective-C/C++ with Cocoa and other frameworks
- 4+ years of experience developing in C++, Java, C# or other object-oriented programming languages
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigms, memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency and multi-threading.
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Understanding and experience working with SOAP and/or REST APIs
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills and ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to effectively translate technical requirements into business solutions.
- Able to work independently in a lean and agile development environment
Nice to have
- One or more professional iOS apps already developed
- Knowledge of iOS Mobile Device Management
- Familiarity with iOS continuous builds and enterprise distribution
Magnet Systems is a well funded early stage startup that is building next generation, user-centric enterprise application development platform. Combining mobile, social and cloud technologies, Magnet’s unique development platform make it fast and easy to build compelling business applications that deliver outstanding, interactive and engaging smartphone and tablet experience.