Professional Services | Philadelphia, PA, United States
The Ironside Group is seeking intelligent, passionate and driven individuals to join the ranks of their renowned Business Intelligence solution delivery team. The candidate will be expected to deliver high-quality Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing consulting services to a broad range of high-profile clients that range from start-ups to Fortune 100.
For the career-minded candidate, this position offers tremendous opportunity to gain applied technology experience at an unparalleled pace and progress rapidly to higher levels within our consulting organization.
The main focus of this position entails assisting clients with the development and deployment of the full range of IBM Cognos enterprise-wide Business Intelligence tools with an understanding of data modeling and ETL tasks related to these applications. The individual will be expected to work with clients across multiple markets and industries often playing several different roles within a project lifecycle.
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance with respect to IBM Cognos business intelligence implementation and sustainment practices and within organizations of all industries, shapes and sizes.
- Manage both internal and external resources, timelines, and milestones across a vertical set of industries.
- Play a variety of roles with a high degree of proficiency throughout an IBM Cognos BI project lifecycle: Solution Architect, Resource Manager, Project Manager, Report Developer, Metadata Modeler, OLAP Developer, etc.
- Collaborate with Data Architects and ETL Developers to design or enhance data warehouse models for the purpose of high performance business analytics.
- Provide detailed documentation and knowledge-transfer services to customers.
- Occasionally participate in the software pre-sales activities which include development of customer proof-of-concept solutions and technical feature demonstrations.
- Collaborate with Principal Consultants to prepare project estimates, timelines and proposals.
- Be a coach and mentor to your junior peers at the Ironside Group.
- Never stop learning new technologies and strive to become a thought leader in all facets of Business Intelligence.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Science, or related field.
- 4+ Years of experience designing and developing enterprise business intelligence solutions.
- Deep understanding of dimensional data modeling concepts, as well as data warehouse design and lifecycle management principles.
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise business intelligence solutions using IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, Microstrategy, Microsoft, QlikTech, Hyperion, Oracle OBIEE, or similar.
- Working knowledge of major database platforms (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Teradata)
- Master-level proficiency in SQL programming and common query optimization techniques.
- Exceptional problem solving skills, high customer standards and dedication to accurate warehouse data.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
- Regional travel required.
Preferred Requirements The strongest candidates will meet the following additional criteria:
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing IBM Cognos enterprise business intelligence solutions.
- Strong User Interface (UI) and/or User Experience (UX) design skills.
- Experience in designing and developing OLAP solutions using IBM Cognos Transformer, TM1, SSAS, Essbase, or similar.
- Extensive comprehension and experience in dimensional data modeling concepts, as well as data warehouse design and lifecycle management principles.
- The opportunity to join and grow an ever expanding professional network of high profile clients and reputable colleagues.
- A passionate and approachable leadership team that encourages an entrepreneurial frame of mind and welcomes contribution to business development from all members of the team.
- A challenging, dynamic and rewarding work environment which fosters rapid professional growth in a space that is at the forefront of information technology.
- An unparalleled opportunity to gain in depth operational experience across a variety of industries and organizational departments.
- The opportunity to explore and put into practice cutting edge technology on a regular basis.
- An incentivized development program that enhances your skill set with professional training and certifications.
- Competitive merit-based compensation and bonus packages that rapidly reward passionate and driven team members.
- Small company culture, with big company benefits: 4 Weeks PTO (5 Weeks after 5 Years), PPO, Dental, Life, 401(k) with matching funds.
- A work hard/play hard, familial culture that loves to get together whenever we can for great food (and drink), sporting events, etc. We are equal parts passionate about our people and our work and we like to enjoy ourselves while doing it.
About Ironside Founded in 1999, The Ironside Group is widely regarded as a market leader and perennial innovator in the ever-growing Business Analytics space. We continually uphold our reputation of delivering the highest quality solutions by way of only the most qualified and experienced consultants and we're looking for the best and brightest to join those ranks and rapidly grow within our tight-knit community.