Engineering | Oakland, CA, United States
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have a terrific position available for an innovative, inspired problem solver to develop high-quality software for android devices. As a member of our device engineering team you will have the opportunity to bring the Pandora radio experience to our very large and expanding mobile customer base.
You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work. This is a great opportunity for seasoned engineers with experience in Java and Android application development.
You should have a deep understanding of quality Java and Android application development and the associated technologies. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You place a high value on automated testing, and have experience using test frameworks such as
- Minimum 5-10 years professional experience, with 3+ years developing mobile applications for Android.
- Expert knowledge of developing, testing and debugging mobile applications using Eclipse/IntelliJ/java.
- Experience developing object-oriented code in Java
- Knowledge of MVC design patterns and development best practices.
- Familiarity with developing RESTful applications
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high-quality software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building mobile applications that utilize web-services (either HTTP based, XML-RPC, JSON or other services).
- Experience with Android UI design.
- Consumer mobile application development experience.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Experience developing scalable server-side software running under Linux/Unix.
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers.
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field.