An Inflection Senior Data Scientist leads efforts to leverage massive proprietary datasets, which are vital to creating the most innovative products for our customers. Stellar candidates will employ machine-learning algorithms to link diverse sets of data and deploy predictive modeling to find areas of growth in our visitor and customer engagement data. We’re looking for people who get giddy over new technology tools and have a proven track record in solving problems with huge data sets. If you’re seeking out a new, growing teams of talented individuals, and you’ve got big, brilliant ideas for our data and search products, we want to hear from you.
Why work at Inflection?
- It's got a start-up vibe of big energy and fast growth, but with a successful business model that's cash positive and scaling.
- We are attacking large markets with an opportunity to grow through innovation.
- Our high-volume websites attract millions of monthly visitors.
- We work with massive sets of data to provide great solutions for our customers.
- Tier One Silicon Valley investment recognizes the unique opportunity space we help create.
- This is a results-driven culture: if you want to create impact the chance is yours at Inflection
- We move fast; we test everything; we learn as a team; and we continuously improve ourselves everyday.
- Open communication environment based on high-integrity values.
- Great teammates who know how to have fun while winning.
How you will fit in:
- Team Lead on a growing data science team.
- Focus on three major project areas: linking massive datasets, improving search within our applications, and predicting customer value.
- Use your extensive experience solving analytical problems with quantitative approaches .
- Build statistical models to uncover insights about our websites' visitors and customers.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to implement your work within our products.
- Identify key areas of opportunities where analytical insights can create real business value.
- Provide mentorship and training to less experienced team members.
You know your stuff:
- PhD or MS in computer science or relevant quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years experience.
- Expert level proficiency in Hadoop, SQL, Python, Java, R, Linux/Unix.
- SOLR experience would be a plus.
- Experience implementing supervised machine learning algorithms at scale.
- Knowledge of information retrieval techniques and recommendation systems.
- Interest and experience in NLP would be a really nice plus.
- Experience and interest mentoring and training team members.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions.
- Team player with a passion for solving complex problems.
- Ability to structure and deliver analyses with minimal supervision.
- Hunger for continuous improvements in your approach to life.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and entrepreneurial.
You believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist:
Bored employees make boring products. At Inflection, there's no such thing. We run big websites with millions of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment. To wit:
- Conveniently located off 101 in Redwood Shores, with free Caltrain access through company sponsored GO Pass and a shuttle from both the Hillsdale and San Carlos Caltrain stations
- Business goals celebrated with Major Milestone Trips and frequent Friday Happy Hours
- Company sponsored catered lunch daily
- A start up's pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Company subsidized gym membership at nearby Pacific Athletic Club
- High energy team with great mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Culture of acting with integrity
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, 401K, and life insurance