BloomBoard wants to inspire educators across different roles to make transformational leaps in education - and to grow professionally. We’re looking for driven, intellectually curious, and creative people to join us in our mission. Let’s do this together.
Can you help us as a Back End Engineer?
Our business is rapidly expanding and we will be entering several hundred new school districts…soon. We’re looking for brilliant back end engineers to help create the foundation of a product that’s about to see tremendous growth & impact in K12 education. You will…
- Contribute to roadmap planning
- Have a voice in design strategy
- Provide feedback and input on product decisions
- Participate in the full SDLC: requirements, design, coding, testing,release management
Is This You?
- 3+ years experience in web software development
- Works with/designs highly-scalable, fault-tolerant web applications
- Experience with modern web architectures. REST, SOA. Microservices understanding a plus.
- Technologies such as NodeJS with Express/HAPI; PHP 5, with MVC frameworks such as CakePHP, Symphony or Zend.
- Understanding of various datastores such MySQL, Mongo, etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Database management.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Humble; open to feedback
- Life-long learner who’s always trying to pick up something new
- Willing to take risks & fail frequently
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills; asks thoughtful questions
- Thrives on solving complex challenges